The Age of the Earth

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The Age of the Earth

Postby DJMW on Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:20 pm

It seems that a large part of the debate amonst creation theories is indeed the age of the earth. I have done some research:

The key ingredient of pasta is wheat, so it is reasonable to first consider the history of wheat farming. The first recorded mention of a noodle was in the Jerusalem Talmud, written in Aramaic. So suffice to say, the area with the first recorded archeological findings of wheat farming 8-10,000 years ago in the Jordan Valley were also among the first to make and consume some basic form of pasta. There is no direct evidence that these early people developed pasta, but it is clear they prepared and used wheat flour. It is not unrealistic to believe that someone at that time could have mixed flour and water to create a paste, - then shaped and dried the paste and finally cook the food in boiling water.

Source: http://www.lapiazzaonline.com/pasta.htm

Does this mean that the earth is 8-10000 years old under FSM precepts? [/quote]
DJMW
Conchigliette Convert

Postby MTL on Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:02 pm

HMMMMMMM, the Mesopotamians and Sumerians were brewing beer around 10,000 BC., too. Coincidence? I think not.
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
MTL
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:11 pm

the existence of pasta or beer dosen't help in finding the age of the earth. the earth was created, obvoiusly, and later, two gifts were given to the people. Beer and Pasta.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby MTL on Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:17 pm

A world without pasta and beer is not a world worth living in. In fact, it is no kind of world at all. Therefore, there can be no world without pasta and beer. Ergo, The world was created 10,000 years ago, on March 4 at 4:20 PM, when beer and pasta were given to the world by Him.
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
MTL
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:44 pm

good point BUT! i have a rebuttle!

no one would say "life isnt' worth living without beer and pasta" if they didn't know it existed! see? then when they got it they were like, "damn, how did i ever live without this?"

boo-ya!
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby pete on Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:15 pm

An argument to that..

(hypothetical)

The FSM descended upon the blackness and created a world made of pure primordial sauce. Then He separated the sauce into sections and placed mounds of pasta inbetween, but He was not pleased, for he was alone and none could share in his creation. In response, the FSM created Woman, and from Woman He took an appendix and created Man. And they lived happily in the Garden of Sauce. One day, however, they were seduced and decided to eat from the Meatballs of Wisdom, hoping to partake in the knowledge of the FSM. .. so on so forth until we reach the conclusion that no definite assumption can be made, but rather that He placed noodles before the wheat, because they were of His creation.

I'd like to suggest the Earth is in fact only a few thousand years old. Proof from Wikipedia :

"Pasta was developed independently in a number of places around the globe (though some anthropologists dispute this). In each of these places, the local grain was the primary starch in the diet. Grains are normally consumed as a gruel or grain paste. Pasta noodles were developed as an alternative to a gruel or bread. Pasta noodles can be created in places where there is no oven, nor enough fuel to support an oven. In contrast, bread requires a great investment in time and effort to create. Any place you can have something dry, you can have pasta noodles.

The earliest known records of noodles in Europe are found on Etruscan tomb decorations from the 4th century BC. Utensils that are thought to have been used to make pasta were also found in the ruins of 79 AD Pompeii, where other Chinese objects as mirror was found, the silk road was extended to Rome in 30 BC. Thus we know the popular legend of Marco Polo bringing back pasta to Italy from China is absolutely false - though he certainly may have brought back an assortment of Chinese noodle recipes with him. Note, however, that Chinese noodles are always used fresh, never dried before industrialisation; and they are comprised of one giant noodle mass through the cooking process because it is considered bad luck in China to cut noodles before serving them to eat. In Italy and France, cooks still made fresh pasta, because fresh pasta tastes far better than dried.

Thomas Jefferson is credited with bringing the first macaroni machine to America in 1789 when he returned home after serving as ambassador to France."

Were the Etruscans the Chosen People of Him? They were the first introduced to the Covenant of Pasta-making, after all.[/url]
*song tune* "I rejoiced when I heard them say.. let us go the FSM's House.."
pete
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:23 pm

NIEN! that can't be our creation story because A) Bobby sez it all started witha midget, and B) thats waaaaaay too much like christianity. we can't have everything being the same as christinanity or else we become a parody. seriously, i saw this thing where someone said somehting about a huge flood and two pirates making a pasta bowl inwich to survive? i don't think so bucko

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby pete on Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:36 pm

Oi! My mistake, mate. Hmm.. *goes off to eat some spaghetti in hopes that FSM will reveal the true age to him*
*song tune* "I rejoiced when I heard them say.. let us go the FSM's House.."
pete
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cerberus on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:52 pm

Answer to qwerty's sig.: Because you listen to the wrong radio station.
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:49 am

no i dont. i lik the musics. it was just a thought i had one day listening o that song. however, i am going to change it

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Cerberus on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:25 pm

Um ok then. I was just trying to be helpful and tell you that not all radio stations bleep the lyrics, i try and avoid those that do as i feel if it was written into the song it should stay there. They should either play the songs in their entirety or not play them.

Its hilarious ringing up the bleeper stations and asking them to play a song like the "The F Word" by the Dub Doctor.
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Cerberus

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:35 pm

sorry! for some reason i thought you were being a jerk... damn im stupider than i though. well, sorry. really it was a joke on how whoever censored it was censoring ass, which i've heard many good little chirstian boys saying, saying that its not really a curse word, IN FRONT OF THEIR MOTHERS. but they don't censor bitch, which can be worse than the F-word, because some women find it offense.

teh world is messed up.

lets mess it up more, heh heh :twisted:

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Cerberus on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:42 pm

The F word song is hilarious because it details out exactly how the f word is the most versatile word in the english language. About its use in grammar such as how it can be used as an intransitive verb and a transitive verb etc. I think its funny, although i don't particularly like using it as a word.

Also i am a jerk, i just wasn't excercising my jerk-tastic powers at that point.

Cerberus

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:46 pm

it be here in flash with stick figures.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/fwordflash.html

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Return to Scripture and Lore