The FSM Gnostic Texts

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: The FSM Gnostic Texts

Postby The Impaler on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:48 pm

Ubi Dubium,

So sorry about the gender thing. How truly embarrassed I am. When I referenced the Creationist Museum, I meant the one in Kentucky. I don't know how DC got in there. I must have had something else on my brain.
The Impaler
Ziti Zealot

Postby black bart on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:15 am

Ubi Dubium wrote:Thanks ET. Maybe sometime I should get a more female-ish avatar. Or just get to 5000 posts, so I can get a prophet title like "Mother Ulterior" or something.

I was supposed to get a new moniker myself (Resident Weevil) but for some reason the powers that be got all lazy about the new titles. I shall try to give them a kick up the proverbial as I would love to see you called 'Mother Ulterior' or whatever gets voted for...you have to enter the Temple of Prophets and all that. I will tell them (moderators etc) that the people have spoken (well only you and myself so far).
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:19 am

Sorry, I also meant to mention that we have a Creationist Museum in the UK...here's their website:

http://www.genesisexpo.co.uk/

I love the comments on the website.

I haven't been to visit the museum yet...too busy visiting Madame Fifi's.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:13 am

black bart wrote:Sorry, I also meant to mention that we have a Creationist Museum in the UK...here's their website:

OMFSM! They really are Creationsists! They mis-spelt Portsmouth!
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby black bart on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:28 am

Roy Hunter wrote:
black bart wrote:Sorry, I also meant to mention that we have a Creationist Museum in the UK...here's their website:

That dinosaur cracks me up as well. Has anyone from the UK been to visit yet? I could get there myself quite easily if anyone wants an in depth report.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:13 pm

black bart wrote:
Ubi Dubium wrote:Thanks ET. Maybe sometime I should get a more female-ish avatar. Or just get to 5000 posts, so I can get a prophet title like "Mother Ulterior" or something.

I was supposed to get a new moniker myself (Resident Weevil) but for some reason the powers that be got all lazy about the new titles. I shall try to give them a kick up the proverbial as I would love to see you called 'Mother Ulterior' or whatever gets voted for...you have to enter the Temple of Prophets and all that. I will tell them (moderators etc) that the people have spoken (well only you and myself so far).

I'll eventually be putting in for one, too - Orbital Oddball, Ultimate Sauce Inspector, Gimpy Old Bastard - something along those lines. Still got a ways to go, though.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Cardinal Fang on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:38 pm

black bart wrote:
Roy Hunter wrote:

That dinosaur cracks me up as well. Has anyone from the UK been to visit yet? I could get there myself quite easily if anyone wants an in depth report.

We really need to organise a UK Pastafarian field trip. I'm in Oxford, I could get to Portsmouth.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Ubi Dubium on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:50 pm

Bart, thanks for that link. It's truly a repository of weapons-grade stupid. If anybody does manage to make a field trip, please post pictures! The closest I can get to Portsmouth is Portsmouth, Virginia.

Oh, and Bart, you'll always be Resident Weevil to me!
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:58 pm

I drove through Portsmouth, New Hampshire last Sunday. Maybe we should have a remote-linked field trip, everyone goes to the nearest Portsmouth and drinks heavily.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby black bart on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:39 am

Cardinal Fang wrote:
We really need to organise a UK Pastafarian field trip. I'm in Oxford, I could get to Portsmouth.

CF

That is a great idea. The Black Spot and I have talked about it before. I'll have a word with him and get back to you. There's all the ship stuff to see in Portsmouth as well.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore