Does yar beard be angin' low?

Songs of the FSM. Praise, Adoration and Pirate Sea Chanteys. Express your musical and/or poetic talent.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Does yar beard be angin' low?

Postby violadude on Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:59 am

Sung by pirates after a bit o' grog! :fsm_yarr:

Does yar beard be angin' low,
Be it wobblin' to an' fro,
Can ye be tyin' it in a knot,
Can ye be tyin' it in a bow?
Does ye be gettin' a funny feelin' when ye be angin' it from a ceilin?
Ye can always be a pirate,
If yar beard be angin' low!
Arr!
The one the only violadude!
ARRRGH! Arr! R?
violadude
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Jean Bart on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:02 pm

A question that occurs often to me in the "Hymns and Songs" forum: what melody are these lyrics to be sung to? After all, as a musician I understand things called "hymn" or "song" need music, no? :fsm_rock:

I already urged somebody to post his/her (one never knows, with those aliases) haiku in a thread of the "Miscellaneous Serious Things" (not sure about the exact forum title...) dedicated to poems, lyrics and quotes, but now I'm not sure anymore that was the right thing to do! :?
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's Flying Circus, Season 2, Episode 2)
"Je préfère le vin d'ici à l'eau de là" (Francis Blanche)
"Nu zijn er wel die mij niet mogen, of onverschillig langs mij gaan. Met liefde en met mededogen zie ik die vuile schoften aan! (Drs. P in "Jubelzang")
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens." (phrase attribuée à Arnaud Amaury, légat du Pape, à l'occasion de la prise de Béziers en 1209)
Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Postby SauceBeUponYe on Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:52 am

i be thinking this song has a very clear melody, and as with many pirate shaties can be sung without the aid of musical instrument. but without a doubt the only instrument a proper pirate ship would be 'avin is an accordian.
:fsm_yarr:
The Great Papal Patriarch and Dalai Lama and Pirate of His Holy Appendage
SauceBeUponYe
Ziti Zealot

Return to Hymns and Songs