FSM marriage ceremony

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM marriage ceremony

Postby Jean Bart on Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:09 am

Are there any records of Pastafarians' wedding ceremonies? This could be a nice event, being wed by a Pirate in full regalia, with appropriate music and a blank cannon shot to inaugurate the new life in common of the two Pastafarians! :fsm_yarr:
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's Flying Circus, Season 2, Episode 2)
"Je préfère le vin d'ici à l'eau de là" (Francis Blanche)
"Nu zijn er wel die mij niet mogen, of onverschillig langs mij gaan. Met liefde en met mededogen zie ik die vuile schoften aan! (Drs. P in "Jubelzang")
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens." (phrase attribuée à Arnaud Amaury, légat du Pape, à l'occasion de la prise de Béziers en 1209)
Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Postby necronos on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:52 pm

I've never seen a copy of the ceremony that could have been used, but these two people look like they might be Pastafarians

Current Net Worth: -10 newbucks

This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.
- Sigmund Freud about the Irish
necronos
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Jean Bart on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:23 pm

Too bad we can't see the "priest's" eyepatch!
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's Flying Circus, Season 2, Episode 2)
"Nu zijn er wel die mij niet mogen, of onverschillig langs mij gaan. Met liefde en met mededogen zie ik die vuile schoften aan! (Drs. P in "Jubelzang")
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens." (phrase attribuée à Arnaud Amaury, légat du Pape, à l'occasion de la prise de Béziers en 1209)
Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Postby EarthRise on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:26 pm

necronos wrote:I've never seen a copy of the ceremony that could have been used, but these two people look like they might be Pastafarians

You sure? I don't think the Redcoats took too kindly to pirates.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby necronos on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:15 pm

EarthRise wrote:
necronos wrote:I've never seen a copy of the ceremony that could have been used, but these two people look like they might be Pastafarians

You sure? I don't think the Redcoats took too kindly to pirates.

They are enlightened Red Coats who know that pirates are peaceful, fun loving people who give candy to kids!

necronos
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Duke on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:31 pm

Oi guess that if ye's gon go about gettin' wed, an' ye wants a Pirate Wedding, ye ken make it up as ye go along!

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Jean Bart on Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:50 pm

Well, actually, at this early stage of exponential growth of CoFSM, finding his lifelong matey between Pastafarians might turn out a little more difficult than figuring out the appropriate ceremony. :?
Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Postby necronos on Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:48 pm

Just convert someone you like to Pastafarianism rather than finding a Pastafarian you like...

necronos
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Duke on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:53 pm

That's the best way of going about it, I'd say... :)

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Captain Noobhead on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:51 pm

Wow, I want a wedding that looks like this lol!
Captain Noobhead
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Duke on Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:11 am

I think you'd have to go to Scotland... :D

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Jean Bart on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:30 am

Apparently there are quite a few British Pastafarians active on this site. Any Scotsmen (Scotswomen) amongst them? How's FSM in Scotland?
Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Postby NeoDude on Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:04 am

Jean Bart wrote:Any Scotsmen (Scotswomen) amongst them? How's FSM in Scotland?

Tis not bad. I need to accelerate my preaching I think though :mrgreen:

May your sauce be Dolmio and your parmesan rich in coverage, RAmen.
NeoDude
Ziti Zealot

Pastafarian priest? Minister? Rabbi? Teacher?

Postby angelhair on Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:35 am

New here. First real post actually and I was glad to find this thread. As an avid follower of Talk Like a Pirate Day, my husband and I were planning on renewing our vows this Fall for our 5th anniversary in full pirate regalia. :fsm_yarr: Now that we are new FSM converts we would love to have an ordained Pastafarian priest/minister/rabbi/teacher preside over the ceremony. What DO we call them anyway? Captain, perhaps? How does one become an ordained Pastafarian captain?

The difference between a cult and a religion is in the number of followers
angelhair
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Jean Bart on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:49 am

Now that we are new FSM converts we would love to have an ordained Pastafarian priest/minister/rabbi/teacher preside over the ceremony

That's where reality and satire cross each other's path. As far as I know, ordaining ministers is not in FSM's doings. If you take this renewal of vows not tooooo strictly (I mean religiously speaking), a well inspired fully dressed Pirate might perorm the service. Mayby you can prepare some adequate songs and hymns, to be found in the appropriate section of this forum!

If all that works out, PLEASE do post some pictures of the ceremony! :fsm_yarr:
Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Return to All Things FSM