Census

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Census

Postby moeman on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:42 pm

Recently I happened upon a Wikipedia article about an incident involving the national census of several English speaking countries. People, for various reasons, mostly as a practical joke I guess, recorded their religion as “Jedi”, or “Jedi Knight”. I’m not sure if Jedi has become a bona fide religion, but I’m sure it was great for a laugh and it drew a lot of attention to the movement. I was wondering if anybody would like to start a movement (a website for example) to do the same thing for the Pastafarian faith. Imagine the response in the boondocks of the USA!

Here is the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon

Any suggestions on how to go about this? Anybody game?
moeman
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Al the Killer on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:45 pm

Pirates > Jedi. :pirate_fish:
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
Al the Killer
Ziti Zealot

Postby moeman on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:53 pm

Would you put "pirate" as a religion instead? What's the more appropriate title? Pirate, pastafarian, flying spaghetti monsterist?
moeman
Conchigliette Convert

Postby EarthRise on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:00 am

moeman wrote:Would you put "pirate" as a religion instead? What's the more appropriate title? Pirate, pastafarian, flying spaghetti monsterist?

Nah. The religion is "Flying Spaghetti Monster-ism," or othwrwise "Pastafarianism."

But in any case, the FSM seems to prefer that His followers work on a personal level, rather than creating a national religion. That might actually produce people who would, ya know, kill over it.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Return to All Things FSM