A Holiday Miracle

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

A Holiday Miracle

Postby chirs3 on Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:36 am

Until recently, I'd been undergoing a bit of a personal crisis. I've got friends who are devout Athiests, devout Christians, devout Jews, and all other sorts, but I found myself unable to really believe in anything. All of these theories seemed equally plausible to me, even FSM'ism which I stumbled upon a few weeks ago. There are so many theories and without proof - without a clear sign, or act of God/FSM/Whatever, I just couldn't commit.

Until now.

I went home yesterday, visiting my parents for Christmas. I had a bunch of mail - mostly bills - and one package. Having absolutely no clue who it was from or what it was, I eagerly ripped it open.

It was a demo for Rogue Galaxy.

For those who don't know, RG is about space pirates.

Still, this could have been a coincidence. Or maybe an accident. Space pirates are a common theme in games, so maybe this was all just some happy randomness.

But no - it was not.

Because this demo came wrapped in a pirate flag.

This cannot be coincidence. On Holiday, Holiday EVE even, while I wrestled with my belief or lack thereof, mysterious pirate-themed paraphenalia arrives addressed to me? On THIS DAY, of all days?

This is the sign I've been waiting for - the Flying Spaghetti Monster heard my cries, and he reached a helping han-... noodle... out to me. This was no random occurance or cosmic coincidence - even a blind man, or a midget, could see that this was an act of a higher power.

I have been touched by his noodly appendage.

Now, to open this for discussion - does anyone here have a similar story? Was anyone here converted after seeing an irrefutable sign of His power and love for all humanity? Any FSM-related Holiday Miracles to relate?
chirs3
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Duke on Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:30 pm

Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Ramen! It seems that you truly have been Touched By His Ever-So Noodly Appendage!

I've got a story too:

I was five floors down in the dungeons of an enemies castle, fighting a platoon of Elite Royal Ninjas. I was outnumbered, outweaponed, and they had home-field advantage. I was struggling for my life, and just as my last gasp of energy nearly gone, I faintly heard a "YAAAAAARRR!!!"! And before I could say, "Holy Pirates!" a group of crusading pirates, wearing strange patches with what I know now is the FSM on their shoulders, fell down the stairs and swashbuckled all of the Elite Royal Ninjas into oblivion, but they spared me and asked if I needed a ride anywhere. This is how I was Touched By His Noodly Appendage, how I became a Ninja Pirate, and how I got my start in the world. :fsm_ninja: :fsm_yarr:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:00 pm

I think he was referring to real anecdotes, but it isn't a serious forum... your post just seems to me that it could come off as a mockery.

whatever. back when I was already converted (from just a feeling of it being right. I'm not Pastafarian anymore though) I cam to school on one of the last days. it was the 8th grade celebration, so there were fun and games, but preparation first. I slept in or something and arrived late, and also accidentally brought my backpack, something we weren't supposed to do. all the lockers were cleaned out and off limits, and when I went up to my pod, no teachers or classes were to be found. a wandering administrator advised me to drop my bag in the teacher work-room, and I did, and went down to my 1st period class, which also happened to not be there. long story short (too late), I started panicking and prayed to the FSM for help from a specific teacher who also liked Pastafarianism and the forum. lo and behold, she appeared right around the corner the next minute and got me working on helping with the preparations outside.

so my faith was pretty solid up until the coo in September.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:43 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:I think he was referring to real anecdotes, but it isn't a serious forum... your post just seems to me that it could come off as a mockery.

whatever. back when I was already converted (from just a feeling of it being right. I'm not Pastafarian anymore though) I cam to school on one of the last days. it was the 8th grade celebration, so there were fun and games, but preparation first. I slept in or something and arrived late, and also accidentally brought my backpack, something we weren't supposed to do. all the lockers were cleaned out and off limits, and when I went up to my pod, no teachers or classes were to be found. a wandering administrator advised me to drop my bag in the teacher work-room, and I did, and went down to my 1st period class, which also happened to not be there. long story short (too late), I started panicking and prayed to the FSM for help from a specific teacher who also liked Pastafarianism and the forum. lo and behold, she appeared right around the corner the next minute and got me working on helping with the preparations outside.

so my faith was pretty solid up until the coo in September.

~Qwerty

Oh, don't worry Qwerty, I'm only dealing in real anecdotes as well. It looks like you have an real anecdote as well, how fantastic. But I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my post. You know what I like about you? Your ability to start a pointless argument in even the most harmless of threads (it goes well with my ability to prolong such arguments).

I've had some lucky things happen to me as well, but I'd never quite attributed them to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Perhaps I should.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:01 am

I didn't start an argument, I made a comment. an argument, IMO, dosen't officially start until there is a retort, followed by another statement.

now that I've cleared my name 8) , I won't continue the argument, as I'd rather not thread-drift or tarnish this thread any further.

carry on.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:19 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:I didn't start an argument, I made a comment. an argument, IMO, dosen't officially start until there is a retort, followed by another statement.

now that I've cleared my name , I won't continue the argument, as I'd rather not thread-drift or tarnish this thread any further.

Sounds like you're trying to start an argument. I told you he was good at this. And that sounds like a retort. :roll:

And, a question (a "comment", perhaps): if you really didn't want to "continue the argument" or "drift the thread" or "tarnish" it, then why did you make this post? Or are you just saying that?

Not a miracle, but: a friend of mine has an aunt who got him a big book about Pirates, without his asking or anything of the sort. Random luck?

Also, I read that "Pirates of the Caribbean", the new one, was one of the top DVDs ordered on Amazon this year. Pure chance? Or divine intervention?

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Return to All Things FSM