An Objective Review of FSMism

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Pastafarian Pirate on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:11 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how his initial post is an "objective review."

:pirate_fish: :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish:
Pastafarian Pirate
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Duke on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:47 pm

Good point. Seems about as "objective" as the "Communist Manifesto" or "State of Fear" or "Mein Kampf". :wink:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Aeger on Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:52 pm

Hmmm. Perhaps our dear friend anti-pasta is using an advanced type of satire that our feeble brains cannot comprehend.
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Aeger on Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:53 pm

Hmmm. Perhaps our dear friend anti-pasta is using an advanced type of satire that our feeble brains cannot comprehend.
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:35 pm

Pastafarian Pirate wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how his initial post is an "objective review."

this thread dosen't contain his initial post. this thread was started because his first (or an early one) wasn't very objective, and was rather mean, but he has apologized, explaining that it was a bad day.

I'm simply waiting for a reply, and wishing you (duke, PP) would stop being so... hostile.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby SC-Pastafarian on Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:18 pm

Not too nitpick, but he said he wasn't using "I had a bad day" as an excuse, but rather what he said was just plain mean.

I believe he considers it objective because he has tried to analyze both the pros and the cons of FSMism.
In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.
-Konrad Adenauer
SC-Pastafarian
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: Holding an empty mug to the mouth of a beer volcano.

Postby The Dead Parrot on Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:09 pm

Well, at least that was something he did, even if it wasn't done all that well. Where is he, anyway?
During the Space Race, American astronauts were faced with the problem that ink from their pens would not stay on the pentip.
After spending millions of dollars and a few years in research, they came up with the ballpoint pen. This solved the problem.

The Soviets, faced with the same problem, used a pencil.

The Daily Show 2006 Calender.

"Friends come and go, but Enemies seem to accumulate."

-- Myself

"Look to the Future, as it is the brightest place imaginable"

--Duke
The Dead Parrot
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:18 pm

ah, you are right SC. he said "Additionally, I would like to retract my statements of genocide. That was completely inappropriate. I don't wish that sort of thing on anyone. I won't make excuses about it simply being a bad day, I was just out of line"

but the point is, he recognized that what he said was out of line, that means theres hope for him. not to turn him pastafarian or anything, but just to improve with the whole idea of the forum here.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby The Dead Parrot on Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:56 pm

I think it would be good to have an alternative viewpoint around here. Isn't that what Pastafarianism is all about?
During the Space Race, American astronauts were faced with the problem that ink from their pens would not stay on the pentip.
After spending millions of dollars and a few years in research, they came up with the ballpoint pen. This solved the problem.

-- Myself

--Duke
The Dead Parrot
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Brother Boyardee on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:07 pm

Antipasta,

I don't understand the point of your original post at all. What's the point of listing a religion's "positive contibutions" and "negative side-effects"? A religion is either right or wrong; either the world was created by a flying spaghetti monster (which it was), or it was created by a bearded white man (a common myth), or it was created by neither (a less common myth).

People shouldn't be choosing a religion based on whether it is "positive" or "negative", or whether it makes them feel good or not. They should be choosing a religion based on one criteria only, because it is the one true one - end of story. We don't get to choose who created us. We don't get to choose the truth. What's the point of laying out criticisms and contributions of the truth?

What you are doing is akin to critiquing gravity.

I genuinely don't understand where you are coming from at all.
Brother Boyardee
Ziti Zealot

Postby Duke on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:31 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:
I'm simply waiting for a reply, and wishing you (duke, PP) would stop being so... hostile.

~Qwerty

Don'cha mean...honest? I wouldn't be any less honest than honest, now.

The Dead Parrot wrote:I think it would be good to have an alternative viewpoint around here. Isn't that what Pastafarianism is all about?

That would be good, just so long as the "alternative viewpoint" doesn't go about wishing our perdition, don'cha know.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby The Dead Parrot on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:43 pm

Well, I'll give you he was a bit harsh the first time.

-- Myself

--Duke
The Dead Parrot
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:02 am

the Benefit of the doubt thing menas "Don't be harsh just be cause they were harsh in most of their posts with only five posts" we can't tell that much about this person.neither could most anyone from five of your random or fisrst posts.

~Qwerty

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:09 am

Thanks, but I know what "the benefit of the doubt" means, and if there was any benefit of the doubt to give, I've given it. I don't think Anti-Pasta is an evil flamer hater troll, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and supposing that he's just confused. :roll: :wink:

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Pastafarian Pirate on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:28 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:the Benefit of the doubt thing menas "Don't be harsh just be cause they were harsh in most of their posts with only five posts" we can't tell that much about this person.neither could most anyone from five of your random or fisrst posts.

~Qwerty

I was not being harsh at all. I didn't see the post with the lovely genocide wish that was recanted. I just read this thread and I quite honestly don't see how he can call himself "objective" when he clearly has several axes to grind.

Not being mean in the slightest. Just being curious as to what his intent is.
Pastafarian Pirate
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM