FSM being spread around my high school by christian zealots

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM being spread around my high school by christian zealots

Postby weefolk on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:29 pm

Today in school a couple of my friends basically started a religious debate with me... christians vs pastafarian... about whose religion makes more sense. I never once told them that God doesn't exist (because after all, we're tolerant) but I did bring up some good points such as "well, who created God?" and "So, you worship him because he came back from the dead... that means he's a zombie. You realize that, right?"
All day, they must've been spreading the word that I worship the FSM because I got asked about it a lot.

I also made a sign that I put on my locker. It sums up pastafarianism pretty well.
here it is
Tomorrow I'm gonna drop off a couple brochures down by a store near my house.
weefolk
Ziti Zealot

Postby MPTrooper on Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:23 am

Becareful. Highschool is full of teenagers.

Teenagers are full of stupid.

Stupid makes people do dumb things

Dumb things involve beating up kids who threaten the belives of other kids.

In all honesty just be careful. I'm ashamed to admit it but I was guilty of being very intolerent when I was in Highschool. The atheist in my school had a hard time at it, hopefully you don't go through the same thing.
MPTrooper

Postby weefolk on Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:51 am

so far most of the people who have asked me about it were just interested, not intolerant.
weefolk
Ziti Zealot

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:21 am

You should add the pirate/global warming graph too.

Also, a lot of the times that I've mentioned the stripper factory, I've found that soap-box males who think they speak for the entire female population call me sexist & degrading to women (for some reason women never make this accusation), so I have to quickly add that male strippers are also manufactured there.

That usually shuts them up.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Soap Boxes
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby weefolk on Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:27 am

Oh yeah... I should put that on the sign. The main reason I made the sign is because I already had the graph on my locker and people would see it and get really confused. I hung the sign right above the graph.
edited sign
weefolk
Ziti Zealot

Postby KidDirty on Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:22 am

MPTrooper wrote:In all honesty just be careful. I'm ashamed to admit it but I was guilty of being very intolerent when I was in Highschool. The atheist in my school had a hard time at it, hopefully you don't go through the same thing.

Yeah, he used to beat people up for their religious ideaologies, but he's moved past that. Now that he's a cop he can beat people indiscriminantly, and have no worries about religious oppression!

GO team!
"Please, he's no different from the rest of you organisms. Shooting DNA at each other to make babies ... I find it offensive." - Bender

"..it's a success that hasn't occurred yet." -Homeland Security Advisor to Bush Frances Townsend, on the subject of the failure to capture Osama Bin Laden.
KidDirty
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MPTrooper on Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:21 am

Bah, if you must know a kid started protesting against a Christian Youth Group. He got beat up for it and I ignored it. After all I figured, It's not my problem and that and he deserved what he got.

I'm not proud of it.
MPTrooper

Postby Duke on Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:25 am

Perhaps your friends did not fully understand one of the more important parts of Pastafarianism: That it's a parody. An error more than a few people make, I'm afraid

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Re: FSM being spread around my high school by christian zeal

Postby skittlesandmnms on Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:27 am

weefolk wrote:Today in school a couple of my friends basically started a religious debate with me... christians vs pastafarian... about whose religion makes more sense. I never once told them that God doesn't exist (because after all, we're tolerant) but I did bring up some good points such as "well, who created God?" and "So, you worship him because he came back from the dead... that means he's a zombie. You realize that, right?"
All day, they must've been spreading the word that I worship the FSM because I got asked about it a lot.

I also made a sign that I put on my locker. It sums up pastafarianism pretty well.
here it is

this is really informative, would you mind if i printed this up and put it on my locker?
Ramen
skittlesandmnms
Ziti Zealot

Re: FSM being spread around my high school by christian zeal

Postby weefolk on Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:31 am

skittlesandmnms wrote:
weefolk wrote:Today in school a couple of my friends basically started a religious debate with me... christians vs pastafarian... about whose religion makes more sense. I never once told them that God doesn't exist (because after all, we're tolerant) but I did bring up some good points such as "well, who created God?" and "So, you worship him because he came back from the dead... that means he's a zombie. You realize that, right?"

here it is

this is really informative, would you mind if i printed this up and put it on my locker?

go for it
weefolk
Ziti Zealot

Postby skittlesandmnms on Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:19 pm

thanks man. id love to help others learn about this.
Ramen
skittlesandmnms
Ziti Zealot

Postby Cuddly_Carpy on Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:46 pm

Most of my friends think that FSM makes more sense than anything else they've been told...
Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby EarthRise on Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:22 pm

Cuddly_Carpy wrote:Most of my friends think that FSM makes more sense than anything else they've been told...

(Because it's true!!)
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby scottvd1 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:29 pm

i showed people the light in my school and they thought it was funny nad thats it!
scottvd1
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby thegoddessofbob on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:00 pm

The sign is going up in my locker tomorrow. Thanks!

MPTrooper wrote: Becareful. Highschool is full of teenagers.

LOL! You just made my day.
thegoddessofbob
Ziti Zealot

Return to All Things FSM