Wow... Amazing...

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Wow... Amazing...

Postby Antipasta on Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:01 pm

To the one who created this nonsense, Congratulations on finding a very unique niche. Your creativity and humor ought to be applauded. Your ability to control the minds of the weak and uneducated, however, earns you nothing. If you could convince people worthy of attention and support, now that would be something.

But of course, you didn't take this "theory" to these lengths for glory, did you? No, once you saw the buying power that idiots of the world have, you cashed in. I mean, who wouldn't? All these people who rant and rave at you for ruining people's lives, well, how much money would it take to keep their mouths shut? No doubt you're making a few politicians proud, perhaps even envious. I'm sure you can justify it by the "joy" and "peace" that these followers have found in their pasta. ...rianism.

To you followers, normally I would feel only sympathy toward a crowd of helpless people being fed lies. *edited* But in your case, I think I can make an exception.

-Antipasta
Antipasta
Conchigliette Convert

Postby The Dead Parrot on Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:43 am

Well, I for one think that you are an idiot. What do you think, that he is asking us for money? That any of us are paying him to go on a forum? Let's see, the only money I've spent is on the Gospel, which was entertaining for me and a bunch of my teachers.

I've never understood why people are so negative about this. I've come to this conclusion: Either they just are religious zealots, or they just don't completely understand what FSMism is. Because you never once mentioned hell, I doubt you are number one. So, number two. Well, you think that Bobby is "cashing in" on FSMism, though I'm not sure why... the Gospel? I guess you must say that all authors "Cash in" on their books since they sell them.

If I'm wrong, please tell me.
During the Space Race, American astronauts were faced with the problem that ink from their pens would not stay on the pentip.
After spending millions of dollars and a few years in research, they came up with the ballpoint pen. This solved the problem.

The Soviets, faced with the same problem, used a pencil.

The Daily Show 2006 Calender.

"Friends come and go, but Enemies seem to accumulate."

-- Myself

"Look to the Future, as it is the brightest place imaginable"

--Duke
The Dead Parrot
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby SC-Pastafarian on Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:26 am

If you took the time to actually read what goes on on these forums you would see a couple of things.

1) No established member here is rude towards any religion or disrespectfull to others. Those who are are rather swiftly moderated. You haven't even done any of us such a curtesy.

2) These forums are filled with many intelligent people from a number of different backgrounds. Idiots is hardly the word I would use to describe any of the established members.

3) Buying Power? Hardly. I have been following this for about a year now, and I remember on the old website that Bobby had explicitly stated that any symbols on the website used were free for people to do as they pleased with. No copyright infringement to worry about. I'm the same as Parrot... the amount of money I've put into this... buying myself the Gospel (which is a rather inexpensive book) and money I spent turning myself into the FSM for halloween (money from this went to a hardware and a craft store... not anything related to Bobby or FSM).

4) Post in the Standards and Practices section before posting anymore.

I am always shocked by the amount of hate that can come out of people who are supposedly followers of religions that stand against that type of thing.... you have only added to that shock... especially with your comments about genocide. You clearly need to rethink some of the stuff you posted and learn more about a group of people before you bash them.
In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.
-Konrad Adenauer
SC-Pastafarian
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: Holding an empty mug to the mouth of a beer volcano.

Postby MPTrooper on Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:58 am

...Huh?

I'm Catholic damn it! I'm a Christian! I'm on your side!

Expect for the part were I take the Bible as the literal word of God.

But I mean beside that we're on the same side kinda sorta! I'm not weak minded...

Oh wait your a Jew who wishes Genocide on people you never meet?

No you're right, we have nothing in common.
MPTrooper

Postby obler on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:46 am

"weak and uneducated", by implication not "worthy", "idiots", "helpless people being fed lies", and candidates for "genocide".

Gosh, it's like you've been inside my head, or something .. your summation of my character is tough, but fair. If you're ever at a loose end and fancy ghost-writing my autobiography, do let me know. As you will be aware I haven't led a very interesting life but, as you correctly point out, people will buy any old tat these days.

ps. Whilst you're in my head, can you see if I can remember what I did with my car keys, please? Thanks.

pps. I think genocide is a bit strong. Maybe just a bit of selective culling?
##
'honey swede key mallet .. ponce !'
obler
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Capellini on Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:44 am

Members:

Please keep in mind that this individual is likely a physically deformed, 40 year old virgin who lives in his parents basement, and is so completely unremarkable that the only way he can hope to get any attention is by invoking anger in his own direction.

While these people will eventually be removed from the population by evolution, whether they believe in it or not, none of us are obligated to help them get their jollies before that happens.

Let's just be happy that we are all people with intelligence, curiousity, and compassion, and that those are the things that will help change the world, and this is just a putz with permanent masturbatory-related carpal tunnel syndrome.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Aeger on Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:15 pm

I say 'poo' to you, good sir. If I wished to be fed with lies, then I shall. What else am I supposed to do, go to the supermarket or something?

Lies are delicious... and crunchy.
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MPTrooper on Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:54 pm

Capellini wrote:Let's just be happy that we are all people with intelligence, curiousity, and compassion, and that those are the things that will help change the world, and this is just a putz with permanent masturbatory-related carpal tunnel syndrome.

...What the hell did I ever do to you?

The doctor say's it's normal for boys my age to have that... :?
MPTrooper

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:57 pm

At least that palm hair comes right off if one rubs hard enough. :wink:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby The Dead Parrot on Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:46 pm

Really *Gives it a go* Mine don't seem to be. Wait, what if I pull them... *Does so* OMFG OUCH! :D
During the Space Race, American astronauts were faced with the problem that ink from their pens would not stay on the pentip.
After spending millions of dollars and a few years in research, they came up with the ballpoint pen. This solved the problem.

-- Myself

--Duke
The Dead Parrot
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby CMax on Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:56 pm

For a person calling us 'stupid' - it's funny that he has 'pasta' in his name.
You'll never realize how great a cardboard box is until you are naked and it's all you have
CMax
Ziti Zealot

Postby The Dead Parrot on Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:00 pm

You realize that it is "antipasta" right? Anyway, he is still an idiot. That is like an Entree in italian.

-- Myself

--Duke
The Dead Parrot
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:29 am

It's actually spelt 'antipasto' & is more cheese/olive/salami/etc oriented.

Wikipedia wrote:Antipasto is the Italian equivalent of hors d'Å“uvre, meaning "before the meal," pasto = meal. In Italian cuisine, this typically consists of savory cold foods such as cheeses and raw or marinated vegetables, as well as cold cuts and cured meats such as prosciutto.

This person seems not to have done his/her homework.

Wiki article here

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Horses' Doovers
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby The Dead Parrot on Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:33 am

Woops, I made a mistake, your right. But it is close enough, and just because I mixed "Entree" with "appetizer" isn't all that bad.

-- Myself

--Duke
The Dead Parrot
Fusilli Fuselier

Re: Wow... Amazing...

Postby Brother Boyardee on Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:32 am

Antipasta wrote:as a Jew, you can only imagine how I feel about genocide. But in your case, I think I can make an exception

-Antipasta
Ouch, that's nasty. Are you sure you aren't Christian?

Brother Boyardee
Brother Boyardee
Ziti Zealot

Next

Return to All Things FSM