Evidence of innate desire to worship His Noodliness?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Evidence of innate desire to worship His Noodliness?

Postby SpaghettiSawUs on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:10 pm

Hi all fellow Pastafarians,

as a recent initiate to things meta-noodly kindly forgive me for any ignorance evident in my posts. I'm sure that as my Pasta-ral walk develops, along with the kind help of my brethren herein, I'll soon be fully conversant with all things spaghettified.

I have noted that many religions today often point to 'observable' things as evidence of the underlying truth of their beliefs. For example, Jehovah's Witnesses cite the fact that most people don't want to die any time soon as evidence that we are actually meant to live forever.

When I was but a small child my older brother developed a very strange habit (or at least I thought so at the time): He would pick earthworms off the ground and suck the soil off them to clean them up. Our parents were convinced that this aberrant behaviour had to stop and duly curtailed it with the aid of a few beatings. Since I have come to know His Noodliness I now wonder whether this activity was in fact a manifestation of the innate desire, no-doubt present in each of us, to uphold the righteousness of all things noodly, caring especially for those creatures made in His image.

While I'm on the subject it also strikes me that children often prefer stringy pasta to shells/spirals and other shapes. Are these other shapes, I wonder, evidence of a great apostasy occurring in the past, or merely evidence of the sheer omnimorphescence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Any thoughts or other examples you can think of greatly appreciated. The next time somebody comes to my door wanting to 'share' their faith I can be only too happy to share mine, with irrefutable observations of 'my' own.

Yours forever in His Noodly Appendage,

SpaghettiSawUs
FSM: Welcome Him as your Lord and Savour!
SpaghettiSawUs
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby KC Observer on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:24 pm

FSM works in mysterious and wonderous ways...
The Pope
KC Observer
Mod

Postby iEmcee on Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:51 am

He sure does
- iEmcee

:worship: :fsm:
iEmcee
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:33 am

I'd say omnimorphousness, but there just something about the classics.

and just about evey living thing was made in his image, if you think about it.

DNA; is noodly, no? RNA I believe looks the same, so every creature is noodelic in nature.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:06 pm

I posed this to a molecular biologist friend of mine.

How many people do you know of that look like an old guy with a long beard?

And how many things in nature, right down to the molecular components, are there that look like spaghetti & meatballs?

I see this as proof that the FSM, not God, created all things in his Noodly image, and my friend agrees.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Mitochondria
:worship: :fsm:
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby SpaghettiSawUs on Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:54 am

Its all around us isn't it!

How often great scientists have come so close to recognising the awesome noodliness at work in the universe:

Einstein: famously tried to imagine what it would be like travelling at the front of a beam of light - with the whole spagetti-esque strand reaching back behind him. Sooooo close to making the leap of imagination and recognising the Noodly truth. Also imagined gravity as a noodly web reaching out in all directions, a noodly fabric if you like. If only he wasn't so constrained by prejudice - it set science back years!

Newton: coined the term 'standing on the shoulders of giants' - a reference to the importance of midgits if ever there was.

Its all there, you just have to look for it. Those that don't see it just don't want to believe. His Noodly Appendage is reaching out and touching everyone, but its up to us to welcome its embrace. He gave us the free will to say yes.

@Qwertyuiopasd: Yeah couldn't decide on omnimorphousness or omnimorphescence - maybe the two are as interchangeable as Noodly and Spaghettified.

@St_JtB:
How many people do you know of that look like an old guy with a long beard?

Only old guys with long beards.
FSM: Welcome HIM as your Lord and Savour!
SpaghettiSawUs
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:46 pm

actually Omnimorphescence sounds much more scientific/official. I just take the -ness shortcut alot... :D
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Return to All Things FSM