Pastafarianism in schools

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pastafarianism in schools

Postby iEmcee on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:44 am

The day I decided to follow the ways of the FSM I wanted to read the Gospel. So i went to my school library and searched for it under religeon (I knew it wouldn't be there but just in case...) and it wasn't there. so i took a request form and put down: "The Gospel of the FSM." They refused my request. It made me so angry i went to the principle and told him if they're gonna have some books on religeon, they have to put ALL of the religeos books in there, or at least they have to put it the library when requested. And even when i said it was for my education he said "It's not a "REAL" religeon." i was gonna take it to the next level but i decided it was a lost cause.

Please tell me what to do.

-iEmcee
iEmcee
Ziti Zealot

Re: Pastafarianism in schools

Postby Pastafarian Pirate on Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:28 am

iEmcee wrote:The day I decided to follow the ways of the FSM I wanted to read the Gospel. So i went to my school library and searched for it under religeon (I knew it wouldn't be there but just in case...) and it wasn't there. so i took a request form and put down: "The Gospel of the FSM." They refused my request. It made me so angry i went to the principle and told him if they're gonna have some books on religeon, they have to put ALL of the religeos books in there, or at least they have to put it the library when requested. And even when i said it was for my education he said "It's not a "REAL" religeon." i was gonna take it to the next level but i decided it was a lost cause.

Please tell me what to do.

-iEmcee

Well, I suppose you could start by submitting a written request, asking him to give you "the official list of things required to constitute a real religion."

Then post his response here.

That would be interesting to see, at the very least.

:pirate_fish: :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish:
Pastafarian Pirate
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby KC Observer on Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:51 pm

Good response, PP! :fsm_rock:
The Pope
KC Observer
Mod

Postby JustGuess on Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:28 pm

If that doesn't work, and if you have some money to spend, you could always buy a copy. Maybe get two and donate one to the school. Not an ideal solution admittedly.
JustGuess
Ziti Zealot

Postby dabeast on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:30 pm

If he dosn't respond and he dosn't accept it THEN take it to the next level.
Image[/URL]
Cyanide & Happiness @
dabeast
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Duke on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:39 pm

Tell them to put it in the science section and when they say that it's not science tell that the that Darwin's Origin of the Species is just a theory and that they can't disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster. :roll:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby E.Raser on Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:05 am

Duke wrote:Tell them to put it in the science section and when they say that it's not science tell that the that Darwin's Origin of the Species is just a theory and that they can't disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster. :roll:

Duke

Order them to puti it in the science section....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jacques Monod : Il caso e/o e/o e/o e/o la necessità :mrgreen:
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

FSM City Academy (UK)

Postby SpaghettiSawUs on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:08 am

This seems the right thread to add this idea to...

UK Pastafarians will be well aware of the latest education reform brainchild of our great PM the honourable Tony Bliar (sic): for a mere couple of million UK pounds (or thereabouts - don't know the exchange rate for dabloons but its not very many i'm sure) you can set up a school (AKA City Academy) and pretty much determine the curriculum/teaching staff/ethos, and receive full state funding for the project. This has already been taken advantage of by IDers/Fundies with at least one academy open for business and teaching ID/Creationism as a 'reasonable alternative' to evolution.

So what about a Pastafarian run city academy? I reckon that with our millions of adherents, many of whom are well versed in the arts of pillaging and plundering, we'd be able to raise the initial capital investment in no time.

Imagine it: the first fully functional school teaching the Noodly Truth to the next generation. Of course the many esteemed modern revolutionary thinkers listed in the Wedgie Document would make excellent emeritus professors / educators.

What are we waiting for?
:worship: :fsm:
FSM: Welcome HIM as your Lord and Savour!
SpaghettiSawUs
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby JustGuess on Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:12 pm

First of all I want to say I find that incredibly disgusting. This along with allowing homeopathy to not need proper labeling makes me feel incredibly sad for my fellow Pastafarians over in the UK.

In the mean time here's an idea. If a they try to teach ID/Creationism in science class, just pack your bag (or whatever you do) and leave the class. If they try and stop you, just explain that science class is clearly over and you have better things you could do with your time.
IT'S ZOMBIE JESUS, GET IN THE CAR!
JustGuess
Ziti Zealot

Postby SpaghettiSawUs on Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:39 pm

If a they try to teach ID/Creationism in science class...

No worries for me there shipmate - far too old for that.

This along with allowing homeopathy to not need proper labeling makes me feel incredibly sad for my fellow Pastafarians over in the UK.

I am glad of your fellow concern brother, having a sister who is a Jehovah's witness (evolution denier and not too sure about the age of the earth but still reckons about 6000 years of life creationist), who happens to be married to a homeopath (but thats another board altogether).

This link lists the 'faith groups' already involved. Note it lumps all 'faith groups' together, although i've never known ID/YEC to be taught in normal Roman Catholic/Church of England (state) schools. For quite some years there has been a growing low-key movement among evangelical christians, and for some time longer a tendency among JWs, to 'home school' their children. In my area there is a 'school' which, in my previous life as a YEC/Fundie/Idiot, my one time wife and I once assisted. The curriculum, for children up to the age of 10, essentially taught the bible as history, bible stories as fact.
This stuff disgusts me too.

RAmen bro.

ps. i love your avatar.
FSM: Welcome HIM as your Lord and Savour!
SpaghettiSawUs
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Return to All Things FSM