Evidence

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby SC-Pastafarian on Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:08 am

Brother Boyardee wrote:...you are looking for evidence before you will believe. But religion doesn't work that way - none of them. What you have to do is believe first, then the evidence will become clear, confirming that you believe in the right religion. That's why it is called "faith". You must open your heart to His noodly goodness, and then all will become peaceful and clear and you will see the evidence everywhere you look, including every page of THE Gospel.

RAmen.
In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.
-Konrad Adenauer
SC-Pastafarian
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: Holding an empty mug to the mouth of a beer volcano.

Postby E.Raser on Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:43 am

KC Observer wrote:Evidence is to be found all around you. One profound example is to be found in his incarnation in the form of Il Cortile on Mulberry Street in NYC. FANTASTICO!!!!

I must chamge eye-glasses: I do not see the evidence by these ones.
May be.......by goggles.
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

He's Right

Postby Randy Osgood on Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:24 am

Pastafarian Pirate wrote:
Sir Bac'N'Bits wrote:
SC-Pastafarian wrote:Head down to your local bookstore and pick up the Gospel. All your questions will be answered there.

I already have it. What page is the evidence on?

Before we go down this path.... what constitutes "Evidence" to you?

To us... being here is all the "evidence" we need... Clearly you have not yet been touched by His Noodly Appendage.

Yarr!

:pirate_fish: :pirate_fish:

Yar, he's right. You have CLEARLY not been touched by His Noodly Appendage if'n ya don't believe this after readin' His Gospel and askin' fer more evidence. You're here, He has a book. End of story. If ye can't believe it - You know what? Screw it, if ye don't believe it, I hope His Noodle-ness finally lets you be touched (I know some ass-holes might go EWWW PERV, for saying 'touched' but whatever)

Anyway, I need to go eat some Spaghetti for today is a Religion Holiday.

Yarr!

Thank you FSM for this Spaghetti, Yarrr
RAmen.
Finally - A religion that doesn't suck.
Randy Osgood
Ziti Zealot

Postby E.Raser on Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:01 am

Brother Boyardee wrote: What you have to do is believe first, then the evidence will become clear, confirming that you believe in the right religion. That's why it is called "faith".

but that is the question:
I have "the faith" ( in strings,transubstantiation,flying, FSM, who wrongs all the info ) THEREFORE I do not see any evidence :mrgreen: :worship: :mrgreen: :worship: :mrgreen: :shellfish:
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Pastafarian Pirate on Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:57 pm

Brother Boyardee wrote:
Sir Bac'N'Bits wrote:
SC-Pastafarian wrote:Head down to your local bookstore and pick up the Gospel. All your questions will be answered there.

I already have it. What page is the evidence on?

Do you really have the Great Gospel? I suspect that perhaps you don't, because on page 35 begins a subchapter called "Irrefutable Proof", and page 44 begins the chapter "More Evidence" (I have the canadian edition, so page numbers may vary). It's all there.

Brother Boyardee

As a sidenote.... if it is on page 44 in the Canadian version of the Gospel, would it then be on page 38 of our American version due to the conversion rate?
:wink:
Pastafarian Pirate
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Brother Boyardee on Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:14 pm

Pastafarian Pirate wrote:
Brother Boyardee wrote:Do you really have the Great Gospel? I suspect that perhaps you don't, because on page 35 begins a subchapter called "Irrefutable Proof", and page 44 begins the chapter "More Evidence" (I have the canadian edition, so page numbers may vary). It's all there.

Brother Boyardee

As a sidenote.... if it is on page 44 in the Canadian version of the Gospel, would it then be on page 38 of our American version due to the conversion rate?
:wink:
Yes, exactly brother.

But it's actually even more complicated than that. Not only is there the currency conversion to apply, but also what is known as the "typographic conversion" as well. For example "color" in american english is "colour" in canadian english - 20% more letters! "check" to "cheque" as another example. Then on top of that, depending on the context of the writing, there is the imperial to metric conversion to, so 1 pound = 0.4536 kilograms.

It all gets especially complicated when writing about yummy noodle accompaniments and all three conversions apply. For example:

American Pastafarian: "How much for one pound of parmesan cheese please? And can I pay by check?"
American Cheesemaker: "Yes, that's $4.67 please sir"

But in the great white north:
Canadian Pastafarian: "How much for one kilogram of parmesan cheese please? And can I pay by cheque?"
Canadian Cheesemaker: "Yes, that's $218.55 please sir!"

It's a tribute to His Noodly Greatness and pastafarians everywhere that Prophet Bobby's Gospel is spreading so rapidly in spite of these conversion barriers.

Mmmm, I'm hungry now.

Brother Boyardee
Brother Boyardee
Ziti Zealot

Previous

Return to All Things FSM