Suicide?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

What does the FSM think of suicide

It's fine
47%
It's bad
53%

Total votes : 32

Postby Duke on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:34 pm

afteryoudieyoucrpyourself wrote:I was just saying Suicide is stupid and if You kill yourself F.S.M won't mind cause You were stupid at the time

Oh, certainly. I'm sure that a blanket statement encompassing any possible situation a human being could be in must be perfectly logical. Intelligent, informed statements like, "All abortions are evil", "All muslims are terrorists", and "All suicide is stupid". You know, that sort of thing. Inarguably sound logic, you know.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby EarthRise on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:36 pm

Duke wrote:Oh, certainly. I'm sure that a blanket statement encompassing any possible situation a human being could be in must be perfectly logical. Intelligent, informed statements like, "All abortions are evil", "All muslims are terrorists", and "All suicide is stupid". You know, that sort of thing. Inarguably sound logic, you know.

Don't forget the lovely gems "All atheists are amoral potheads" or "All Christians are delusional prudes."
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Duke on Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:45 am

EarthRise wrote:
Duke wrote:Oh, certainly. I'm sure that a blanket statement encompassing any possible situation a human being could be in must be perfectly logical. Intelligent, informed statements like, "All abortions are evil", "All muslims are terrorists", and "All suicide is stupid". You know, that sort of thing. Inarguably sound logic, you know.

Don't forget the lovely gems "All atheists are amoral potheads" or "All Christians are delusional prudes."

Exactly, Earthrise my friend. That sort of thing, that sort of lucid thinking.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby afteryoudieyoucrpyourself on Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:19 pm

Lol I'm not of any religeon but Fsm I look at it from this prespective If you were Christian/other religeon you would go to hell if your Atheist it's pointless thus making it stupid unless you were suffering fate worse than death like being a tomato

Plus I did point out that F.s.m would not care by saying stupidity is forgivable

Don't tell Me you think it is smart?

Again Kurt Cobain fan?
Pastafarienism is as great as Blackbeards armpits were smelly
afteryoudieyoucrpyourself
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby EarthRise on Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:21 pm

afteryoudieyoucrpyourself wrote:Plus I did point out that F.s.m would not care by saying stupidity is forgivable

And we're saying that not all suicide is stupidity.

Ehhhh Nirvana. I'm not big on them. For proof of that, I had to look up the name Kobain.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Duke on Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:48 pm

afteryoudieyoucrpyourself wrote:Lol I'm not of any religeon but Fsm I look at it from this prespective If you were Christian/other religeon you would go to hell if your Atheist it's pointless thus making it stupid unless you were suffering fate worse than death like being a tomato

Plus I did point out that F.s.m would not care by saying stupidity is forgivable

Don't tell Me you think it is smart?

Again Kurt Cobain fan?

Kurt Cobain? I've never heard of him. Sounds like an actor.

All I'm saying is that you can't make such wide blanket statements: Whereas I've never considered suicide, I can imagine plenty of reasons to do so while being intelligent and rational.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Previous

Return to All Things FSM