Suicide?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

What does the FSM think of suicide

It's fine
47%
It's bad
53%

Total votes : 32

Postby EarthRise on Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:51 pm

KC Observer wrote:Suicide is almost always worst than whatever alternatives there are to it. There's no turning back from sucide and the aftermath on one's family is devestating.

But the question is: does someone have a right to make such a decision nonetheless?
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Pastafarian Pirate on Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:51 pm

EarthRise wrote:
KC Observer wrote:Suicide is almost always worst than whatever alternatives there are to it. There's no turning back from sucide and the aftermath on one's family is devestating.
But the question is: does someone have a right to make such a decision nonetheless?
That gets in to a very dicey area.... many things come into play, for example the mental state of the individual in question. I don't see it ever being a cut-and-dried issue in any event.
:pirate_fish: :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish:
Pastafarian Pirate
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby EarthRise on Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:09 pm

Pastafarian Pirate wrote:
EarthRise wrote:
That gets in to a very dicey area.... many things come into play, for example the mental state of the individual in question. I don't see it ever being a cut-and-dried issue in any event.
:pirate_fish: :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish:

Very messy material, to say the least.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Al the Killer on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:43 pm

FSM probably looks down on it.
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
Al the Killer
Ziti Zealot

Postby EarthRise on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:57 am

Al the Killer wrote:FSM probably looks down on it.

How do you figure? The FSM says nothing about suicide. Indeed, with morals so flimsy, how can one make a determination?
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Spekkio on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:26 am

Many people that commit suicide are ill, mind you. For some, suicide == euthanasia (already dying and suffering). For many others, suicide is a symptom of mental illness (clinical depression, severe anxiety disorders, etc). So in other words, while I don't have any percentages for yinz - suffice to say that in many cases suicide is part of a bigger problem. Knowing the FSM to be the most tolerant of all deities, I think that any person who committed suicide under these circumstances would be cared for by the FSM upon death.
Spekkio
Conchigliette Convert

Postby necronos on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:44 am

EarthRise wrote:
Al the Killer wrote:FSM probably looks down on it.

How do you figure? The FSM says nothing about suicide. Indeed, with morals so flimsy, how can one make a determination?

I think the reason the FSM didn't send replacements to the tablets that Mosey dropped was that with flimsy moral standards he wouldn't have to bother weighing in on suicide and other non-pasta related occurances
necronos
Fusilli Fuselier

Re: Suicide?

Postby Duke on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Arbor wrote:What does the FSM think of it? We do have all these flimsy moral standards...and it's really not all that bad.

I don't think that the Flying Spaghetti Monster takes a stance on one's very personal affairs that way.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby afteryoudieyoucrpyourself on Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:09 am

It's fine because your being stupid and morally only hurting yourself so he would think it was stupid but not burn you in pasta sauce for it
Pastafarienism is as great as Blackbeards armpits were smelly
afteryoudieyoucrpyourself
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Duke on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:31 pm

afteryoudieyoucrpyourself wrote:It's fine because your being stupid and morally only hurting yourself so he would think it was stupid but not burn you in pasta sauce for it

Wow, tough love from a guy who can't spell "you're". It's nice that we see so much understanding and compassion around here.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby EarthRise on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:33 pm

afteryoudieyoucrpyourself wrote:It's fine because your being stupid and morally only hurting yourself so he would think it was stupid but not burn you in pasta sauce for it

Oi! Be nice to everyone in these forums! Capellini distributes "corrections" as necessary.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby MPTrooper on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:44 pm

And some of us (me) will also make fun of you so bad you'll start to cry.

I've seen it, It's funny.
MPTrooper

Postby EarthRise on Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:34 pm

MPTrooper wrote:And some of us (me) will also make fun of you so bad you'll start to cry.

I've seen it, It's funny.

People have walked out of conversations with MP lacking all their skin, his wit is so scathing.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby afteryoudieyoucrpyourself on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:04 pm

I was just saying Suicide is stupid and if You kill yourself F.S.M won't mind cause You were stupid at the time

Kurt Cobain fan any chance???
Pastafarienism is as great as Blackbeards armpits were smelly
afteryoudieyoucrpyourself
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby EarthRise on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:12 pm

afteryoudieyoucrpyourself wrote:I was just saying Suicide is stupid and if You kill yourself F.S.M won't mind cause You were stupid at the time

Kurt Cobain fan any chance???

That's rather presumptive. You think one should not kill oneself in any circumstances? (Think about a terminally-diseased, retired man who is constantly in pain before answering.)

I assert, the FSM doesn't give a flip about suicide.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM