Epic, Holy Artwork

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Epic, Holy Artwork

Postby Jerm on Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:00 pm

I got a weird pamphlet in the mail today; apparently the end of false religions is near. Also, I've been approved for a gold Visa.

Anyways... Included in this pamphlet there is a very well done illustration of a harlot riding a seven headed tiger with horns and she's drinking from a golden chalice.

That image is awesome! We need epic imagery like that. We need images like the prow of a great pirate ship breaking through a wave with all the crew hanging from the rigging with swords out... and let's keep the harlot getting loaded from the golden chalice. Maybe we could work in a motorcycle somewhere, too. Oh! And there definately needs to be the obligatory picture of lightning striking in the background. Why do nearly all religious publications have a picture of lightning striking on the front? I think it's a meteorology fetish.

Additionally, the pamphlet was provided by the good folks at the Watch Tower; I appreciate their efforts and would like to return the favor but they don't like to publish their email addresses. Oh well.
It all kind of went downhill from there.
Jerm
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: Epic, Holy Artwork

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:18 pm

Jerm wrote: a harlot riding a seven headed tiger with horns and she's drinking from a golden chalice.

Be still my beating heart.... Sounds like she would be fun to 'hang' with.... Something about drunken, dangerous harlots has always intrigued me. Sincerely The Warlord of Elephants
"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure."

I devoured my 'good' twin in utero

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."
Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Jerm on Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:26 pm

The world needs more pinups; and, by direct relation, more harlots riding seven headed tigers getting absolutely plastered from golden chalices.

If you're wondering, the harlot represented false religions and the beast was politics. In the second illustration the beast tramples the harlot.

Yeah, I'm not sure either.
Jerm

Postby anthrobabe on Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:43 pm

can't help you all out with harlots on seven headed beasts but would you settle for

a Saucy Gert Pettigrew riding a Harley in the Admiral Benbow parking lot?

Oh and congrats on the Visa gold-- I'm a good shopping buddy also.
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Jerm on Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:22 pm

anthrobabe wrote:...would you settle for a Saucy Gert Pettigrew riding a Harley in the Admiral Benbow parking lot?

Yep
Jerm

Postby Sylvie369 on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:16 pm

Okay, drunken harlots and lightning bolts. I definitely approve. I do respectfully request though that it NOT include a rainbow. Or unicorns. Or wolves. Or people standing on mountain ridges with wind blowing through their hair. And definitely nothing saying anything like "Steeped in tradition with an eye to the future".
He who is not busy being born is busy dying -
Bob Dylan
Sylvie369
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Jerm on Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:16 pm

Sylvie369 wrote:Okay, drunken harlots and lightning bolts. I definitely approve. I do respectfully request though that it NOT include a rainbow. Or unicorns. Or wolves. Or people standing on mountain ridges with wind blowing through their hair. And definitely nothing saying anything like "Steeped in tradition with an eye to the future".

Seconded, boy is that ever seconded. Maybe keep the wolves, if their really angry and maybe breathing fire or something like that. But none of the rest.
Jerm

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:39 pm

Jerm wrote:Seconded, boy is that ever seconded. Maybe keep the wolves, if their really angry and maybe breathing fire or something like that. But none of the rest.

O.k. it's settled I want my drunken harlot to be riding either tigers or fire breathing wolves but NOT fire breathing tigers 'cause that would be too much. Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my drunken harlot upon the wild animal conveyance of her choice. The Warlord of Elephants
"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure."

I devoured my 'good' twin in utero

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."
Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Return to All Things FSM