Give Me Strength My Noodly Sisters and Brothers

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby PsiPro on Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:50 am

I'm sure it did. We started by talking about our faith... we talked about the recent retreat and I shared some of my developments in my own faith that occoured that weekend, she shared hers (or in her case lack thereof)... so she knows that I am... spiritual for lack of a better word... so hopfully that gives my argument more validity however I do not know how a FSM could be more valid!
User avatar
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:51 am
Location: Left... Just a little more

Postby Capellini on Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:48 am

It still really scares me that there are people in college that need to have the issue explained to them.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
User avatar
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart
 
Posts: 4185
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: The State of Denial

Postby PsiPro on Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:55 am

Capellini wrote:It still really scares me that there are people in college that need to have the issue explained to them.


We are becoming so specalized and to little liberal arts are studied. This is slowly becoming norm because people are neglecting to study anything they will not use in their chosen profession. Both of my parents are PhDs, one in Hortoculture and one in Bio-Chemistry, however they both teach most of the natural siciences at a community college near my house. So that is how i know everything I do... I don't know where I would be without them.

But... I also like to read about the issues, i read two newspapers (one liberal one conservative) almost every day waiting for the damned bus.
User avatar
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:51 am
Location: Left... Just a little more

Postby NeferKa on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:38 am

My college level biology course skipped the chapter on human evolution, which I found disappointing. (I wanted to take the evolution course offered instead, but it didn't fulfill any requirements for me.)

A friend of mine went to college for a bit in Kansas, and the science class rooms were constantly interrupted by Creationists.

As for RAs, they should be tolerant people; however, some intolerant ones manage to sneak by and get hired. What angered me was when I was an RA I was required to post the religious (all Christian) advertisements on my floor. If I was a Pastafarian back then, if Bobby’s Revelation occurred before 2005, I would have defiantly hung up our propaganda as well.

I had an evolution/carbon dating discussion with one of my good friends, who has been an RA for a few years. While we completely disagree on religious stuff, he is incredibly tolerant and we get along rather well. He's a good listener too, which I appreciate.
User avatar
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:30 pm

Postby PsiPro on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:45 am

NeferKa wrote:My college level biology course skipped the chapter on human evolution, which I found disappointing. (I wanted to take the evolution course offered instead, but it didn't fulfill any requirements for me.)

A friend of mine went to college for a bit in Kansas, and the science class rooms were constantly interrupted by Creationists.

As for RAs, they should be tolerant people; however, some intolerant ones manage to sneak by and get hired. What angered me was when I was an RA I was required to post the religious (all Christian) advertisements on my floor. If I was a Pastafarian back then, if Bobby’s Revelation occurred before 2005, I would have defiantly hung up our propaganda as well.

I had an evolution/carbon dating discussion with one of my good friends, who has been an RA for a few years. While we completely disagree on religious stuff, he is incredibly tolerant and we get along rather well. He's a good listener too, which I appreciate.


I got my Bio credit from AP. So I havn't taken even Baby Bio... however, my mother teaches Bio and more at the college level, so I have never had an issue getting stuff explained to me. I love evolution to death, i love knowing why i have this or that.

School in Kansas would proably drive me to kill myself... I just coudn't stand it. May the FSM help me...

This RA is very very nice, we go to church and CSU together, however she is extreamly conservative (not bad just a nusence). She seemed very open to hearing real science. However almost all the flyers on our floor are Christian.

I do my part to put a Noodly image on the doors as I walk around.

UPDATE: I finally found out who was erasing the board... at least i'm fairly sure. Its the janitor, he is just cleaning tho, nothing FSM specific.
User avatar
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:51 am
Location: Left... Just a little more

dorm doors

Postby NeferKa on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:00 am

I'd say decorate your door with whatever FSM stuff you want. If you’re worried about vandalism, here's a solution I came up with when I was an RA: one of my fellow RAs had everything on his door ripped up and covered in water on a few occasions. I made him a bunch of new door decks and put them in sandwich bags and taped all four of the edges down. The all-taped edges made it too difficult for the drunken residents to pull the decorations off, and the plastic bags protected the paper from the water thrown/spit on the door.
User avatar
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:30 pm

Postby PsiPro on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:17 am

Yummm propaganda....
User avatar
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:51 am
Location: Left... Just a little more

Postby NeferKa on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:59 am

When December approaches, dorm doors usually are covered in Christmas cards and Christmas decorations. I think we should start sending each other Pastafarian holiday cards that we can display at school or at the home! (I love holidays, and the more we have the better!) Our holidays would be the perfect occasion to use those macaroni gluing skills we perfected in kindergarten! Homemade cards would be a must!
User avatar
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:30 pm

Postby anthrobabe on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:50 am

NeferKa wrote:When December approaches, dorm doors usually are covered in Christmas cards and Christmas decorations. I think we should start sending each other Pastafarian holiday cards that we can display at school or at the home! (I love holidays, and the more we have the better!) Our holidays would be the perfect occasion to use those macaroni gluing skills we perfected in kindergarten! Homemade cards would be a must!


everyone that wants to PM me your address- it can be a post office box if you feel better that way- and I will send you some Pastafied holiday greetings cards sutible for display. Damn, I am really good with markers :roll:
I think we need a national day-- but for now we can borrow christmas(but not with the intent of stomping out people who observe Christmas- no just in the spirit of sharing and peace and love to all men and women and pirates- now that is a concept!) which was originally borrowed from someone else-- so hey we are recycling!
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
User avatar
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 8:13 pm
Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Previous

Return to All Things FSM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests