What is more important?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

What is more important?

Postby PsiPro on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:30 pm

So all hallows eve be fast approcahing....

I intend on wearing my costume to class, and handing out pamphlets.

What is more important to the cause? A pirate, or the likness of his noodlyness?
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby SC-Pastafarian on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:46 pm

For halloween last year my Ecology/Evolution professor came dressed as a pirate in honor of Him. :fsm_yarr: That delivered... I'm hoping to pull of a likeness of Him this year.
SC-Pastafarian
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: Holding an empty mug to the mouth of a beer volcano.

Re: What is more important?

Postby E.Raser on Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:51 pm

PsiPro wrote:
What is more important to the cause? A pirate, or the likness of his noodlyness?

Because I have many time this october, because I cannot walk too much, damned blackreddog, I'll spend it reading better "the elegant universe,superstrings, hidden dimensions and the quest for the ultimate theory " of Brian Green.
At pag 16:
"but really do joy,pain,weariness, be only chemical processes inside the brain, and , in the last analysis, strings vibrating ? "
Steven Weinberg answer so:
"the view of the world of a reducer is really cool and impersonal: it ought to be accepted so, as it is, not because we like it, but because so things work "
( Steven Weinberg, Dream of a Final Theory, Pantheon, New York, 1993, pag 52 )
It is more important which works better :worship:
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby PsiPro on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:03 pm

E.Raser wrote:Because I have many time this october, because I cannot walk too much, damned blackreddog, I'll spend it reading better "the elegant universe,superstrings, hidden dimensions and the quest for the ultimate theory " of Brian Green.
At pag 16:
"but really do joy,pain,weariness, be only chemical processes inside the brain, and , in the last analysis, strings vibrating ? "
Steven Weinberg answer so:
"the view of the world of a reducer is really cool and impersonal: it ought to be accepted so, as it is, not because we like it, but because so things work "
( Steven Weinberg, Dream of a Final Theory, Pantheon, New York, 1993, pag 52 )
It is more important which works better :worship:

I have no idea what you are trying to say... but OK! :D
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby E.Raser on Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:43 pm

PsiPro wrote:
I have no idea what you are trying to say... but OK! :D

IF Steve Weinberg 's theory is correct...............I have no idea =all strings which vibrate alone..............and OK = an archetype memorized into Es.
So................I have no idea but OK = should be represented as an orchestra which rehearse instruments before the concert
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Sarky on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:52 pm

So, what's most important ISN'T to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women?

I guess I have some apologising to do... >_>
"I'm so excited I just made water in my pantaloons!"

-Emperor Zombie
Sarky
Ziti Zealot

Postby anthrobabe on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:39 am

Sarky wrote:So, what's most important ISN'T to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women?

I guess I have some apologising to do... >_>

no dear that was the crusades-- we just invite everyone in for pasta and ale :wink:

but don't appologize, nope

RAMEN
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Duke on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:21 pm

PsiPro wrote:What is more important to the cause? A pirate, or the likness of his noodlyness?

Tough one. I think they are equally Holy, but I'd go with Pirate, because I like the lingo and the cutlass, maty.

Duke

P.S. And it's easier to dress up as a pirate than a Flying Spaghetti Monster.
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby PsiPro on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:34 pm

Duke wrote:Tough one. I think they are equally Holy, but I'd go with Pirate, because I like the lingo and the cutlass, maty.

Duke

Aye, I wondered how the Catholic Student Union would like to be graced by his noodly presence at the Hallows eve party... I shall hande out the flyers tho!
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Duke on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:58 pm

PsiPro wrote:
Duke wrote:Tough one. I think they are equally Holy, but I'd go with Pirate, because I like the lingo and the cutlass, maty.

Duke

Aye, I wondered how the Catholic Student Union would like to be graced by his noodly presence at the Hallows eve party... I shall hande out the flyers tho!

The flyers: without a doubt. :D

Spread the word, matey!

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Return to All Things FSM