Halloween Costume

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Halloween Costume

Postby SC-Pastafarian on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:59 pm

So I'm going to try to be the FSM for halloween. Any ideas on how to put this costume together?

I originally thought fun noodles but I think they'll be to big and bulky and I won't be able to fit through a door. :pirate_fish:
SC-Pastafarian
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: Holding an empty mug to the mouth of a beer volcano.

Postby anthrobabe on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:16 pm

go to the main page(venganza.org) and look under "propaganda" or sightings for some managable pasta costumes.

Also we want to see some PICS
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Al Dante on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:15 pm

This is a tough one. I'd recommend the following:

1. Post in the START HERE forum in the MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE thread. This will let the system know that your registration is not a spam account, and also that you are someone who can read and follow suggestions. No, this has nothing to do with your costume, but it's important to the site!

2. For the noodles, you might try boas (feather or imitation) stiffened with wire. This might be kind of expensive, though. Also, unless you use very stiff wire, the noodles will tend to squish together where they cross over one another; it'll be had to make a tangle of noodles that will really cover you. Your best bet is probably soft sculpture, made with the lightest off-white nylon-like fabric you can get and stuffed very loosely with polyester fiber. This is a lot of work, of course.

3. The Protein Orbs could be any inflatable spheres, such as the large cleap play balls sold at Wal-Mart and other discount stores. Wrap them in crumpled brown paper. Attach the orbs near your waist, then wrap the noodles around your upper body. Don't forget some Noodly Appendages! You can make the eyes out of smaller plastic or styrofoam balls, using wire or sticks for the eye stalks.

4. If all this is too much trouble, remember that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is invisible. To portray yourself as the invisible FSM, stay home and have a friend collect candy for you. Or go as a pirate, and the invisible FSM will accompany you.

5. Take pictures! Post them.

Regards,
ALias
Al Dante
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby SC-Pastafarian on Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:49 pm

I posted in the Start here thread right after making this thread.

I tried to seach the website but wasn't sure where to look with the newer format. I'll go back. Thanks for the tips!

Oh, and there will be pictures. :D
SC-Pastafarian
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby E.Raser on Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:56 pm

Al Dante wrote: remember that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is invisible.

Atkins dresses Prada this year ( see the movie )
What about a nude-look coat, cutting all hairs, and a violin for giving a tone to strings in the air and to strings in the brain of women ? :mrgreen:
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby anthrobabe on Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:23 pm

Yes :fsm: is invisible , all we have are rough approximations handed down to us by out prophetic brothers and sisters.

So any kind of costume worship you choose to engage in should be very blessed.

I personally am going to dress as a pirate priestes--- I am Saucy Gert Pettigrew head ale wench at the Admiral Benbow after all and see no reason to not dazzle the masses with my wanton beauty!
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

FSM costume

Postby NeferKa on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:54 am

I made a soft sculpture last year of the Mighty FSM, so I will share a simplified version of construction that you could use to make your costume.

For the noodles: I cut rectangles of fabric 7 inches by 10 feet of noodly looking fabric. After sewing the sides of the noodles together, sew one end closed as well, turn right-side-out. Put thin wire the length of the noodle inside, and you can add stuffing if you want. It's very time consuming, but if you use a thick dowel or stick to push the stuffing through it goes faster. Hand sew the other side shut.

Meatballs: I made dozens of tiny meat-colored balls and sewed the balls together to make two big meatballs. This took forever, so I would recommend making just two big meatballs. There is fuzzy fabric you could use for texture. To make a ball, you cut out five football shaped pieces of fabric and sew them all together.

Eyeballs: Make two stuffed balls like the meat balls, and make sure you have pupils. Hand sew the eyeballs to the ends of some noodles, and make sure the wire is enough to support the eye balls.

If you want to be really fancy, make your shirt and pants out of the same fabric as the noodles. Just use a pajama pants pattern for the pants, and think of a sweatshirt for the top.

You'll need a friend to help attach the noodles to the shirt. (You'll probably want to be wearing the costume as the noodles and meatballs get placed.)

Good luck!

NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby anthrobabe on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:07 am

that is some pretty good stuff there NeferKa and might I add that your bookshelf might be the neatest one I've ever seen- my shelves are covered with not only books(stacked everywhich way), but geegaws and papers and coffee cups and usually a cat or two-- wow! I am impressed.
My mantra
www.gorillafund.org

anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Postby dabeast on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:36 pm

Nice copy of "America, the book"

I may go as a pirate...
Image[/URL]
Cyanide & Happiness @
dabeast
Maccheroncelli Missionary

NeferKa

Postby Cardinal Queequeg on Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:58 am

NeferKa:

Very Impressive!

Very, VERY impressive!!

:D :D :D

Cardinal Queequeg
In the name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of the Garlic Toast, RAmen.
I look, you look, he looks, we look, ye look, they look.
Cardinal Queequeg
Holy Harpooneer

Postby NeferKa on Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:10 am

anthrobabe wrote:that is some pretty good stuff there NeferKa and might I add that your bookshelf might be the neatest one I've ever seen- my shelves are covered with not only books(stacked everywhich way), but geegaws and papers and coffee cups and usually a cat or two-- wow! I am impressed.

The book shelf 2 inches to the left of the FSM one is full of my school stuff in piles, and I have an assortment of ceramic things I've made and a bunch of mail. The Noodly One guards the book shelf it is upon and keeps it neat and orderly. (My sculpture will be displayed in an art show in November!)

As for costumes, I think using beach balls would make the costume lighter and easier to wear. An ambitious person could cover them with fabric, but perhaps spray paint or permanent markers could make them look meatier?

Also, a friend of mine knits, and she made me an FSM. So, knitting noodles is also a possibility!
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby haxmasta on Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:21 am

I'm planning on wearing full pirate regalia for Halloween, I did try and shoot for Talk-like-a-pirate-day, but schedules were a tad constraining.

Anyone have a reputable pirate-boot store they would like to shoot my way?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby PurplEater on Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:00 pm

haxmasta wrote:I'm planning on wearing full pirate regalia for Halloween, I did try and shoot for Talk-like-a-pirate-day, but schedules were a tad constraining.

Anyone have a reputable pirate-boot store they would like to shoot my way?

Didoe, and I also plan on incorpating the 'noodly headress' in... Cooked noodles on a pirate hat, can't forget that.
Non-beleiver, but supporter!
PurplEater
Conchigliette Convert

Postby haxmasta on Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:33 pm

Of course not :D

So far I've got the pants and the jacket done, now I'm heading off to finish the waistcoat and shirt. I can't believe how fast the month has gone already.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby SC-Pastafarian on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:07 pm

New developments! I went out to get the costume put together. I got a bunch of spaghetti colored rope and a poncho (although I don't think the poncho will work... its see through and too thin. I'm going back to get a full on rain suit). I'll attach the rope to the rain suit in a FSM-like way and have some hang from my arms so I can have noodlly apendages. I'm using foam balls for the eyes and meatballs.... now lets just see if I can get this put together by Sat. night.

Oh... and I found this as a great way to have an excuse to buy the gospel. I'll carry it around with me. :D
In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.
-Konrad Adenauer
SC-Pastafarian
Bucatini Buccanneer

Next

Return to All Things FSM