Head count of converts

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Head count of converts

Postby Great Gazoo on Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:35 pm

Does anyone know roughly how many people have converted?

Just want to know because in Canada it becomes an OFFICIALLY recognized religion when it obtains a certain number of believers. For example when our censors had a goverment required poll on peoples religions (none of their bee's wax really) a LOT of people put JEDI down, so they stopped doing it because so many answered that way that they now have to recognize it on goverment forms.
If Life was without a little Monty Pythonish behavior it just wouldn't be worth doing
Great Gazoo
Ziti Zealot

Postby Aeger on Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:48 pm

Come to think of it, I really want to know that. To google!
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Sylvie369 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:44 am

I believe that the current convert count is at 3.35 billion members.
Give or take a few. :worship:
He who is not busy being born is busy dying -
Bob Dylan
Sylvie369
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:58 am

where do you get that number from, may I ask?

I'm not sure when the next census is, but hopefully enough people put Pastafarian down to get noticed. :D
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Sylvie369 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:24 am

I made it up. I thought it'd serve as as good starting point from which we can nail down the actual number.
Bob Dylan
Sylvie369
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:29 am

somehow I doubt thats the most efficiant way to go about it.

I was gonna say counting IP's that see the site, but theres hatemail that goes there too... I suppose we'll have to see what happens during the next census's.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Aeger on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:02 am

Well, in a religion without dogma, I don't suppose it matters how we go about finding information
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Aeger on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:04 am

and the Colbert Report, that too

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Sylvie369 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:17 am

Aeger wrote:and the Colbert Report, that too

If the Wikipedia article could be edited to say how many Pastafarians there are, then that number could become the truth. I don't know if that has been done in the past.

I also notice that the Wiki article says that in heaven there are beer volcanoes "as far as the eye can see". Was I mistaken in believing that there is only one beer volcano?
Bob Dylan
Sylvie369
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Aeger on Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:34 pm

There is only one, Wikipedia is a flawed website, do go on forthwith and fix the problem

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:48 pm

perhaps there are multiple beer volcanos, perhaps there is only one, and perhaps there isn't a beer volcano.

like Bobby said in the Gospel, there are many different accounts of the origins of man and religious texts and accounts of heaven. the false things are probably the FSM trying to confuse you.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Sylvie369 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:29 pm

Well, before changing anything, I checked the source they gave, and it does indeed say "beer volcanoes as far as the eye can see". Since the source is directly linked from the main FSM page, I do not feel qualified to dispute this theological point (though I do suspect that a bit of false theology may have crept into the page there).
Bob Dylan
Sylvie369
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby NeferKa on Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:11 pm

Sylvie369 wrote:I made it up. I thought it'd serve as as good starting point from which we can nail down the actual number.

Just remember that 65.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Duke on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:59 pm

Well, I was converted by someone, and I, in turn, have converted more than five people, who will probably go on to convert some more...... Do the math. :wink:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Return to All Things FSM