So Pirate Day

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

So Pirate Day

Postby iPad on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:20 pm

I celebrated International Speak Like a Pirate Day as any good Pastafarian, dressed as a pirate and ate some fine pasta (pictures uploaded soon!).

But "International Speak Like a Pirate Day" is celebrated by non-Pastafarians alike and is quite a lengthy title for the most important celebration in our year.

Does it have another name we go by or is it worth comming up with one (inspired by Him of course) a bit like "Jesus Christ's Birthday" or Christmas and "The day God didn't kill all the first born sons of the Jewish people living in Eygpt" or Passover.
Touched
iPad
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:04 pm

I still think we should make a 29 day in a month calender, with.. 13 months I think that would equal out to.

have the first 5 days of the Pastafarian year be a holiday, and simply add one day for leap years. we could put the new year in the summer, 5-6 weeks before TLAP.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Bringerofpie on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:11 pm

We should have a day devoted to getting drunk and doing stupid stuff.
"Now watch this drive."
Bringerofpie
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:11 pm

so like.... talk (and dress and generally act) like a pirate day?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Bringerofpie on Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:10 pm

Sounds good. In fact, that's a pretty good name for it.
"Now watch this drive."
Bringerofpie
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby iPad on Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:14 pm

Bringerofpie wrote:We should have a day devoted to getting drunk and doing stupid stuff.

Theres potential there.

Monsterday?

Spagfest?

FSMass?

FSMania?

pirateFeaStMas
iPad
Ziti Zealot

Postby BL!TZ on Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:03 pm

Bringerofpie wrote:We should have a day devoted to getting drunk and doing stupid stuff.

thats called friday
BL!TZ
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby reesymae on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:50 pm

Since there are no holidays in August, except my birthday, of course, I think any holiday should fall in that month. The beginning to the middle of the month should not interfere with too many other holidays. I think everyone will be getting just tired of the weather, and that would be a perfect time to break out the beer and pasta!
“If Columbus had an advisory committee he would probably still be at the dock.â€￾
- Justice Arthur Goldberg

"Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen." Douglas Adams
reesymae
Ziti Zealot

equinoxes and solstices

Postby NeferKa on Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:39 pm

In a different topic, we discussed celebrating the equinoxes and solstices, but celebrating a pasta at the time. We had the Vermicelli (Vernal) Equinox [March 20/21], Spaghetti (Summer) Solstice [June 21], but I don't know if anyone named the other two... or, even if those names that I posted were the proper names, but that’s what I’ve been calling them!
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Return to All Things FSM