Wait, is it GHAAR, or GAARH

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Wait, is it GHAAR, or GAARH?

Oh, GHAAR, definitley
11%
GAARH, so GAARH
22%
Pirates don't say "GHAAR", they say AARGH
44%
Pirates are silent... like mimes, but with more of a tan
22%

Total votes : 9

Wait, is it GHAAR, or GAARH

Postby Aeger on Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:43 pm

I've always wanted to know
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:02 pm

it be any conflagaration of A's, G's, R's, H's, and Y's a poirate can think of! there be no set in stone lexicon o' poiraticalness. that' be defeatin' thar point o' poiratical illiteracy.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Southwest on Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:56 am

Neither.

It's a solid, resounding "ARRRRRRR!" "YAAARRRRR!" is acceptable as well. G's and H's are strictly frowned upon, unless used in the interjection "ARRRRRGGGHHHH!", which is a slightly less-eloquent way of saying "Blast to the depths of Davey Jones' Locker and back again, sittin' upon a belayin' pin smarts like the devil!"

However, truth be told, the specific spelling of the word is rather useless to fret over. One doesn't attack a merchant vessel and calmly type "ARRRR!" That's a different type of pirating altogether. No, the real importance lies in how you actually pronounce it-- and as long as it's loud and from the depths of your bowels, you're good.
Southwest
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby exanglo on Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am

^ What he said ^ :D
Hail Him and His Noodly Apendage, for He created all, beginning with a mountain, a tree, and a midgit.

Why are pirates pirates?
Because they Arr!
:pirate_fish::pirate_fish::pirate_fish:
exanglo
Ziti Zealot

Return to All Things FSM