Spaghetti Saints

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Should we have saints?

Yes
42%
No
11%
I don't really care
16%
Maybe a glorified commodore, but not a saint
32%

Total votes : 19

Postby Tansy the Terrible on Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:21 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:frequent tormention miles?

Well... it's what I do. *crack knuckles*
"Okee dokee doggie daddy!"
Tansy the Terrible
Stele Second Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:36 pm

Hell Hath no fury like a woman scorned.

but it does have Auntie Dee Dee, a close second. :D
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:22 pm

If a bat can get out of hell, I can just make like the sports equipment and swing out of there. :D

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Tansy the Terrible on Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:13 pm

Really? That's too bad... From what I hear that's where ther real party is...
"Okee dokee doggie daddy!"
Tansy the Terrible
Stele Second Mate

Postby Duke on Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:09 pm

Tansy the Terrible wrote:Really? That's too bad... From what I hear that's where ther real party is...

Well, I don't know if I'd like to go the heaven anyway, I know none of my friends would be there...

Maybe I'll just come back here and be reincarnated as a parrot.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:46 pm

I'd like to be re-incarnated as a dog living with an upper-middle class family.

ahhhh, the luxury.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby anthrobabe on Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:21 pm

I want to be reincarnated!
have no idea as what- just want to come back from wherever and it would be neat if I could talk about it
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby The Meromorph on Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:29 pm

From all I know about re-incarnation (which is a lot less than I'd like) knowing about it, and/or being able to talk about it, is extremely rare.

Claiming to know about it, and talking about it, on the other hand, is reasonably common... :roll:

Think about this:-
It is reliably estimated that there are more people alive right now, than the total number of people that have ever been alive before 1900. (Don't bother asking me for citations :roll: )
If that is true, and if we estimate the average number of reincarnations (per 'soul', I guess) as five, then at least 75% of the people now living must be on their first (human) life!
Considering that the traditional 'affectionate' term for the 'once-born' by the 'high-born' was 'that once-born fool', that throws the apparent prevalence of the massively foolish into a different light, eh? :mrgreen:
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:33 pm

well, what you have to count in is the other animal lives.

insects, cockroaches, fuitflies anyone? lotsa those.

what about the Dinosaurs? aquatic life?

that 75% could very well be comprised of re-incarnated fruit flies.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby The Meromorph on Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:44 pm

In a way it makes the conclusion worse. 75% of the population's only previous experience involved a brain the size of a microdot? Yeah, that seems like it works... :mrgreen:
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby Griffin on Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:03 pm

Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Duke on Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:55 am

Well, if I want to be reincarnated as a parrot, I'm gonna darn well be reincarnated as a parrot! :cry:

Tis the parrots life for me.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Duke on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:01 am

Skuuwak, Wak Wak!!!

Just getting prepared! :D

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM