Desirable contacts

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Desirable contacts

Postby Patent Penne on Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:36 am

I recently joined this discussion board so I could have a little fun during break time at work. My employer, however, has recently blocked access to this site. Fortunately, and this is true, I can still visit Al Jezeera, the KKK, and the American Nazi Party. How do I pray to have some pencil pushers slapped with His noodley appendage?
Why yes, I did sell your jewelry!
Patent Penne
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Jerm on Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:04 am

Back at my highschool, some while ago now. We had a filter system put in. It would prevent us from doing proper research for school. For example, if you were doing a project on World War 2, say good bye to any page that has the word Hitler in it, Death or variations thereof.

It also did a good job of blocking sites that I can't really complain about; hate groups, etc. But it had the reputation of blocking perfectly innocent sites too.

Now, here's the kicker. The filter wouldn't let me go to a perfectly innocent site I go to frequently, but, I was still able to go to the Glock Firearms website.
It all kind of went downhill from there.
Jerm
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby kat on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:27 pm

I was trying to find out about a little known use for ethanol in cancer research and kept getting blocked.

On a much less restrictive cancer center's network. :)
Do not do in public that which you do not which commented upon by the public.
kat
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:52 am

Three words:

Alberta. Labour. Shortage.

Oh, shoot.... late for work!!
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Return to All Things FSM