Gospel

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Gospel

Postby benderstein on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:23 am

I think it's great that the gospel is nominated as one of the best books but i think its crap that it is in the comedy category it should be slapped up right next to jesus in the religious section.
benderstein
Conchigliette Convert

Postby NeferKa on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:08 pm

I also read the Al Franken book, but Bobby's book made me cry because I was laughing so hard! (The part about the Macerana being invented by a guy named Retardo cracks me up every time. :D )

As for this book being in the "wrong" category for nominations, I don't think there's anything we could do about it. However, if you see The Gospel in the "wrong" section at a book store, you can always do your own reshelving. I personally like switching the Necronomicon and A Purpose Driven Life on shelves.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby dabeast on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:49 pm

Ha! Thats awesome, though I hope you mean the simon necronomicon, otherwise I have to find your bookstore...

I think we fit quite well into humor as many people probably picked up our book not knowing what it was (and they'll keep on reading it just because it is the book that never ends) and just assumed it was a humorous book.
Image[/URL]
Cyanide & Happiness @
dabeast
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Bringerofpie on Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:16 pm

I like switching Bibles and Hitchhiker's Guides.
"Now watch this drive."
Bringerofpie
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Duke on Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:53 am

Bringerofpie wrote:I like switching Bibles and Hitchhiker's Guides.

That's, that's just purely brilliant.

I know which is more important to me religiously.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Bringerofpie on Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:03 pm

I was going to vote for the Gospel, but I couldn't bring myself to vote against Hecuva Job, so I abstained.
"Now watch this drive."
Bringerofpie
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Return to All Things FSM