a proposal for schism - DENIED

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

a proposal for schism - DENIED

Postby mdmarkus on Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:03 pm

Hello,

All mature religions have schisms; some have multiple per Sunday (or Friday, or Saturday, or Last Thursday). Thus, i propose Flying Spaghetti Monsterism needs its own. The basis for this schism? You Pastafarians are putting WAY too much emphasis on the noodly aspects of our Wonderful Creator, and no where near as much attention is paid to the sauce as should be. Thus, i propose the Marinarianite sect for worshiping His Sauciness in the way he was meant to be worshipped.

-- markus

ps: Please note that cream sauces (ie. Alfredognosticism) are heretical and thus anathema.
mdmarkus
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:08 pm

No schisms. None. We are inclusive and tolerant, and celebrate diversity in both the sauce and the pasta. Alternate viewpoints are allowed and welcome, but no splits are needed. We're building this faith from the ground up and hope to avoid some of the less savory aspects of 'mature religions'. Stick with a mature cheese or a well-aged wine.

While you're at it, check in at the New Convert Thread in START HERE.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Marinarainite

Postby mdmarkus on Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:17 pm

That's ok. I just wanted to use the word Marinarainite.

-- markus
mdmarkus
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:55 pm

Heh, sorry to get all harsh on ya there marcus... Auntie's given it the full rundown above on why we don't do schisms.

Giggle-worthy words are always appreciated - you'll do fine around here.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Bringerofpie on Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:16 pm

I don't like religious schisms. Enough people don't consider me a Jew, I don't need that in Pastafarianism as well.
"Now watch this drive."
Bringerofpie
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Return to All Things FSM