Noodly or Noodley?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Are we touched by his "noodly" appendage or his "noodley" appendage?

Noodly
43%
Noodley...damn it...Noodley!
12%
I'm non-dogmatic
26%
Spellins vever bean my strong suite
19%

Total votes : 42

Re: NOODLY

Postby Gloria T. Camel on Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:56 am

EarthRise33 wrote:I think that we all forgot a very important factor in this matter.

When His prophet Bobby first professed his profound belief in our Noodly Master, he wrote unto those who would putrify His name, the Kansas School Board:

"...the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage."

Spelled without an e.

I know texts are easily changed, and the spellings varied, but I think that the most accurate route involves using the original spelling that His prophet used.

RAmen.

Yes but I don't like Bobby Henderson

I am still pretty sure that you are supposed to drop the "e" anyway
Gloria T. Camel
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Duke on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:01 pm

Gloria T. Camel wrote:Yes but I don't like Bobby Henderson

You don't like...... I don't understand. :? :o

:fsm: ?

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby The Meromorph on Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:33 pm

Duke wrote:
Gloria T. Camel wrote:Yes but I don't like Bobby Henderson

You don't like...... I don't understand. :? :o

:fsm: ?

Duke

Let us be discreet and say that Bobby's conduct, since his first epiphany of creating the concept of the FSM, has not been such as to endear him to us here. Perhaps a subsequent epiphany on the subject of "how to avoid consignment of one's fate to the Village of Lost Wages" or perhaps another on the lines of 'a new main squeeze', who knows... :?
But, it's not about Bobby anymore, if it ever was... We old-timers can still be grateful, but it was long ago...
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby Duke on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:10 pm

I'm not absolutely sure what you're talking about, but I suppose it's better not to ask. :roll:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:55 pm

Bobby is only a prophet. The interpretations came later, and are still going on.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby EarthRise on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:10 pm

Whether we like Bobby or not, he did bring knowledge of the FSM, and for that reason he is still a powerful authority in this matter.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Gloria T. Camel on Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:13 am

Just because I like pastafarianism doesn't mean I like the prophet!
Gloria T. Camel
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 am

Since Bobby has been relatively short on actual prophecies, I've been tempted for a while to propose the title of "Revelator". May the FSM continue to bless Bobby Henderson for acting as a vehicle by which many of us, directly or indirectly, were touched by His Noodly Appendage.

Still doen't mean you have to like him. I've personally never met the guy or even spoke with him on the phone.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby EarthRise on Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:56 pm

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:Since Bobby has been relatively short on actual prophecies, I've been tempted for a while to propose the title of "Revelator". May the FSM continue to bless Bobby Henderson for acting as a vehicle by which many of us, directly or indirectly, were touched by His Noodly Appendage.

Still doen't mean you have to like him. I've personally never met the guy or even spoke with him on the phone.

Concurrence.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Gloria T. Camel on Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:19 am

EarthRise33 wrote:
Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:Since Bobby has been relatively short on actual prophecies, I've been tempted for a while to propose the title of "Revelator". May the FSM continue to bless Bobby Henderson for acting as a vehicle by which many of us, directly or indirectly, were touched by His Noodly Appendage.

Concurrence.

Yes I concur.
Gloria T. Camel
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby anthrobabe on Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:46 am

Gloria T. Camel wrote:
EarthRise33 wrote:

Concurrence.

Yes I concur.

concur- I don't know him but like all am glad he is the "Revelator"
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Gloria T. Camel on Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:58 pm

well all you guys have taught me ore about FSM than bobby ever has, sure he brought us all the FSM but you guys taught it!
Gloria T. Camel
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Gloria T. Camel on Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:57 am

Dee Dee you surley should know by now that you are a saint! You may have those blessings back!

Last Suck up to Admin Post
Gloria T. Camel
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:32 am

Hey if I can march in here & call myself a saint (it's actually a sainthood from Discordianism, not FSMism - I just kept the tag for consistency), then Dee Dee has every right of the sainthood of whatever she sees fit (which is why I've never called myself the saint of anything FSM related - cos she might want it). She could have smote me from day one if she wanted to, but since I explained the potential of Discordians & FSMists living together in harmony (unlike those evil Invisible Pink Unicornists), we've had a beautiful harmonic relationship.

Regarding the spelling of "pnugh-d'leigh". What does it matter how you spell it? As long as you pronounce it correctly then you will get the message across.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of The Word Phoenetically Being Spelled The Way It Sounds (credit to Steven Wright) - and Harmonicas
:worship: :fsm:
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Gloria T. Camel on Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:12 am

Well put St John! Very well put. We are all saints, just Dee Dee happens to be a rather BIG saint. One that could smite us when ever she feels like it. So best suck up now and be little goodies =) Heart you Dee Dee!

Last Post
Gloria T. Camel
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM