Coffee

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:55 pm

no quilting skills. thats my grandmother.

but I'll mention it to her...

and just use r.i.c.k.m.a.n without the periods, so its rickman

its not quite so obviuos who he is as depp...
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Gloria T. Camel on Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:59 pm

I still have no idea who rick man is...
..................................................depp...............................................
..................................depp depp........depp depp................................
..........depp depp depp..............rickman..............depp depp depp.........
..................................depp depp........depp depp.................................
..................................................depp................................................

Edit: Ohhhh thanks for the link that guy is creepy...
Gloria T. Camel
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Duke on Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:05 am

That is bizzare. A few friends of mine said I look quite a bit like him, only when he was younger, I suppose. I never went out of my way to find out who he is, but it seems he has found me.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:22 am

rickmans coming to get duuuu-uuuuuuke....
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Poincare's Stepchild on Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:41 pm

Rickman plays such a GOOD bad guy. The first movie I really noticed him in was the first Die Hard.
Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts
Corruption is a Crime
Crime doesn't Pay

So...If you read, you will go broke.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

TTFN
Poincare's Stepchild
Lord of Linguini

Postby bubblegumgirl on Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:30 am

I like the depp pic.

Very very very pleased.

will go down well with my 75% Chocolate

And my Coffee.

I'm just going to sit here and wallow in all the Depp, chocolate, coffee goodness.
"Yes Marge, in Theory, in theory communism works." Homer Simpson

"`This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer, `I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'"

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
bubblegumgirl
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Great Gazoo on Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:39 am

you epople go off topic really quick
If Life was without a little Monty Pythonish behavior it just wouldn't be worth doing
Great Gazoo
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:43 am

had ya noticed?

its differen't for differen't forums though. the crazy, random, non-serious threads get strange quick, and get stranger. the serious threads will gradually shift into a slightly different topic, but still serious. the All Things FSM section ones are kinda on the fence. FSM can be serious, and FSM can be ludacris. so these things get weird. especially when theres something really going on (like the names being replaced with pictures)

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Aeger on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:12 am

the most annoying thing about that is that I can't see the pictures most of the time, so I've no idea what people are talking about :cry:
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:46 pm

were working on fixing that.

its generally one of the following

t ea
b eer
r um
d epp
r ickman
c hocolate
c offee

and I think theres a few more.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:28 pm

It appears that the little images no longer appear when you say these words... What a shame.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:29 pm

most of the links weren't working, and it was confusing.

it makes more sense now. maybe they'll be back later.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:30 pm

That works for me. They were fun, but I can live without.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Capellini on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:33 pm

The images were stored on the forum that was a testing ground for the place that this board was going to be moved to. The board isn't moving, and those of us running this board never had control of the testing ground. What appears likely to me is that the images are being moved or deleted from that forum, making the links here invalid.

I've removed all those links, and I'm looking to replace those images as emoticons instead, giving people the option to use them or not.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:07 pm

Capellini wrote:The images were stored on the forum that was a testing ground for the place that this board was going to be moved to. The board isn't moving, and those of us running this board never had control of the testing ground. What appears likely to me is that the images are being moved or deleted from that forum, making the links here invalid.

that paragraph makes it seem like this was something done sneakily or behind Bobbys back, which it wasn't. I just want to clarify for people who don't know the whole story that the reason those in charge now didn't have access to control it was because they weren't in charge then, those who were in charge had access, and Bobby would've been given access, if he had been in commincation with us.

[/disclaimer]

~Qwerty

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM