New Denomination?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

New Denomination?

Postby SenorTaco on Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:35 am

Hello fellow pastafarians. The reason for my posting is simple. Me and my friend are from a small town in Florida and our school is trying to enforce a new dress code this year. Now, we as fellow believers thought this was just utterly disgusting and I myself almost passed out in rage of the disrespect to his noodiliness. The only thing me and my friends new denomination would like to change is our rules of dress. We believe that his noodiliness wishes for us to only dress in a code on days of holyness. I believe my friend will be posting shortly afterwards adding his thought and plots and I wish for you to do the same. We are looking for support, so please help us here.

Thanks in advance. 8)
SenorTaco
Conchigliette Convert

Postby SenorTaco on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:03 am

No responses?!?1one :(
SenorTaco
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Jerm on Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:00 am

Go for it! Stand up for your rights, etc. I'm out of the school system now (finally), they tried once or twice to enforce a dress code and it never got off the ground.
It all kind of went downhill from there.
Jerm
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:40 am

To be of NO help at all, when I was in school, the subject came up occasionally, but never seriously.

After high school, I did some travelling to countries where dress codes are mandatory. I have now decided that they are a very good thing. For guys, wearing the same thing everyday is GREAT...

... and there's girls in uniform. :mrgreen:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby The Meromorph on Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:18 pm

To me, not having a school uniform is just silly.
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:21 pm

Now, having the option to wear your Full Pirate Regalia as uniform one day of the week would be excellent... p'raps you can put the school crest on your eyepatch or something. :mrgreen:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:59 pm

DRESS CODES ARE THE NEXT STEP TOWARDS FACISM!!!

seriously, I wouldn't like a uniform... although it would be easier to manage than an actual dress code, in which kids decide, so they might wear soemthing against the rules, accident or not.

Pirate/Schoolgirl outfit Doc? mmmm :D
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:06 pm

Yeah, with llama knee-socks Qwerty.

Seriously. But you're not getting pictures. :D
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:07 pm

awww c'mon man...

fun sucker.

speaking of....

I'm done.

*reprimands self*
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby SenorTaco on Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:01 am

School starts in two weeks or so. Hopefully things will go smoothly and they won't make a big deal about it, but I assume they will. I am sure that I will prevail though, I will not abide by the rules of those corperate conformists.
SenorTaco
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:41 am

SenorTaco wrote:I will not abide by the rules of those corperate conformists.

Better start making your clothes by hand, eh? :wink:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Bringerofpie on Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:19 pm

I go to a private school with a strict uniform, so I compromise by wishing a different person to be touched by his noodly appendage each day.
"Now watch this drive."
Bringerofpie
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:24 am

sweet! would pictures be possible? so other people could know what they'd probably be able to do and such. and just because that has to rock out.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Next

Return to All Things FSM