FSM in my local paper

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM in my local paper

Postby Capellini on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:45 pm

Newsday, which serves the local NY metro area (primarily Nassau and Suffolk counties) ran a brief bit on our most tasty deity today!

http://www.newsday.com/features/printedition/ny-2know4813164jul12,0,1506376.story

The print copy ran with a graphic, as well.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:44 am

that guys clever. spaghetti al deity.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Can I get a RAmen?

Postby NeferKa on Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:51 pm

Nice article. Thank you for sharing, Capellini!

The Flying Spaghetti Monster has inspired the wrath of Christian conservatives in Kansas, who unwittingly sparked the founding of the Pastafarian movement.

I guess I never really thought about how the people who would be most set against our religion inspired it!
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:52 am

A surprisingly positive article! Thank you for linking us!
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Return to All Things FSM