:twisted: = wtf?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

:twisted: = wtf?

Postby Aeger on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:04 am

So it's like 2 in the morning and I'm sitting here at this computer and wondering what the heck :twisted: means. Is it like, aristocratic, because the little mock-FSM has a spectacle? The BBCode is : twisted :, so I'm really at a loss here.

Can somebody help me out?
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:30 am

Good point - I always thought it was a monacle or something to make the FSM look dignified or eccentric like Colonel Klink or something - maybe that's the 'twisted' reference.

I'm wondering what the green smiley has to do with anything, & didn't it used to be animated.

And furthermore, when is the FSM vomiting one gonna be included? Someone posted it about a week ago.

So many questions...

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Being Picky
:worship: :fsm_float:
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Alpaca on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:34 am

I've moved this off to our technical support forum.

The story, basically: We have no server access. We have only what the phpBB admin panel provides, i.e. very little. For instance, we can't upload additional smilies, which is why the regurgitation smiley isn't in there yet.

We also can't change the order of smilies. Now, phpBB comes with a great set of default, boring, yellow smilies. (Mr. Green, who was never animated, is the last remnant of that set.) Bobby, when he set up the forum, added in a bunch of these cool FSM smilies, but for some mysterious reason, the phpBB smilies took precedence, and the FSM smilies floated to the back, making it very inconvenient indeed to add them into posts. So we deleted the yellow ones from the database, which we can do, so the FSM ones came to the front. The reason :twisted: is there is because we took the codes from the old smilies and matched them with the new ones so that old posts containing them wouldn't be broken. It wasn't a perfect match.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:30 am

Speaking from an animation background, the reason it looks like he's hitting his head is that the monacle should have slowed down and eased to a stop at his eye, then paused as the mouth closed before returning to the original postition. Since there is no taper at the end of the up motion, it looks like he's hitting himself in the head.

A baseball bat instead of a monocle would be hilarious and very useful.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Aeger on Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:48 pm

If he were hitting himself in the head (by which I assume eye stalk), wouldn't the animation have to be reversed, because now the stream of motion moves the monacle away from him, and towards, making it seem as if he's putting down the monacle. So if tweaks are being made anyway, that should probably be changed.
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:51 pm

To add to the 'dignified eccentric' look, you could probaby add a handlebar moustache. One that twirls at the sides.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Eccentricities
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Poincare's Stepchild on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:31 am

I played around with the fsm_monocle, and got one I think is a little more dignified, sort of the "I say old chap" kind of thing...

At least he doesn't look like he's beating himself in the head with his monocle.
Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts
Corruption is a Crime
Crime doesn't Pay

So...If you read, you will go broke.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

TTFN
Poincare's Stepchild
Lord of Linguini

Return to All Things FSM