Err i Just read some hate mail...

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby The Meromorph on Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:40 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:well thats what i'm saying to. I just wanted to make sure we are't too hard on him.

I have accepted your concerns and I apologise for causing them.
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby Aeger on Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:33 pm

I am Quaker, actually. Well, radical, atheist Quaker. Quakerism as philosophy, if you will (pacifism, find inner peace in silence, the power of the people as opposed to central figure, or in religion, minister, etc.). But I do usually go to Meeting (Quaker equivalent of a church), and I can tell you that, though the ones in MA are mostly very liberal, what I described above is there as well. But I'm glad people care enough to criticize.

...and don't get me started on the Mormon Church across the street
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby paranoid123 on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:17 am

I'd like to think of myself as a progressive, liberal, accepting (do whatever you want attitude as-long-as-it-dosen't-infringe-on-anyone-else's-rights) left wing kind of person. But as many cookie-cutter libertarians as myself, I have this crunchy, granola, hippy belief. I think that we should consider the environment, eat organic, think global, act local, blah, blah, blah.

Then someone said to me something that was pretty profound. He said, "The right wing tells people what to think, the left wing tells people what to do". It was kind of devistating in a way because it's true, we lefties DO tell people what to do. And my libertarian side finds that hard to live it down.

So what the hell was my point? I forget... oh yeah... Stay out of my booze!!!
paranoid123
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:59 am

paranoid123 wrote:
Then someone said to me something that was pretty profound. He said, "The right wing tells people what to think, the left wing tells people what to do". It was kind of devistating in a way because it's true, we lefties DO tell people what to do. And my libertarian side finds that hard to live it down.

That is rough to accept, but sometimes we've got to be slapped into seeing ourselves as the other side sees us. Maybe it'll help us adjust the message so it actually does some good.

"The right wing tells people what to think, the left wing tells people what to do".

Whew. Ouch. Good one!
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Previous

Return to All Things FSM