Scientology vs. FSM on science

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Scientology vs. FSM on science

Postby Q777 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:51 pm

First to get a brief overview of Scientology view this animated gif http://tinyurl.com/ra2mk . Yes I have checked its what the really believe

So much time has been spent comparing FSM to Christianity on there views of scientific subjects, origin and what not so why not compare it to some other religion's stance on scientific topics and origin. I have found 4 example that I think do a good job demonstrating the difference in stance on origins and scientific subjects in FSM and Scientology.

Age of the universe

FSM-5000 years old

Scientology-More than 4 quadrillion years ago (roughly 300,000 times longer than current scientific consensus holds the age of the universe to be) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu
(Most scientists will try to tell you its 13.7 billion years old, but what do they know)

Evolution of man
FSM - Midget Man -> Pirate Man -> Modern Man

Scientology-"an atom, complete with electronic rings" ->single-cell creature with “photon converterâ€￾ -> seaweed -> jellyfish -> clam -> Boohoo -> Sloth -> Ape -> Piltdown Man (which was proven a hoax)-> Human
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_History_of_Man

Age of man
FSM-5000 years ago there was midgets

Humanoid Galactic citizens living on Earth 75 million years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

Explanation of global warming
FSM - Purely empirical

Scientology - Has yet to offer an explanation

So what are other things has FSM taken a stance (prefably scientific) on that could be compared to Scientology?
Q777
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:21 pm

I think you're comparing our funny, philosophical religion to an elaborate money-raking cult. I hope you'll forgive me but I can't see the apples for the oranges in this discussion.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Q777 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:00 pm

There is plenty of reasons to compare. The beliefs of Scientology (internationally recognized religion) are so absurd that they make the beliefs of FSM quite logical in comparison.
Q777
Conchigliette Convert

Postby FireFox on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:48 pm

Q777 wrote:There is plenty of reasons to compare. The beliefs of Scientology (internationally recognized religion) are so absurd that they make the beliefs of FSM quite logical in comparison.

that there is mearly an expression of ones opinion on non-evidence based beliefs, and could be applied to ANY religion as evidence to the contray builds up.

Steven
FireFox
Stele Second Mate

Postby NeferKa on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:12 am

If anything, I learned that Scientologists use Piltdown man in their evolution basis. Was that the human-ape skull combination "found" in England?
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Re: Scientology vs. FSM on science

Postby E.Raser on Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:00 am

Q777 wrote:

Humanoid Galactic citizens living on Earth 75 million years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

Einstein began to think to atomic bomb in 1930, about.
The Manhattan project on the years 1943-1945.
First nuclear bomb in Hiroshima , 1945.
E.Raser ( it is me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) begin to sell the nuclear anti-bomb-H at University of Bologna, Festa della Matricola 1968.
Ronald Reagan start with his SDI project in 1980.
E.Raser sold 4 nuclear anti-bomb-H on july 1988 ( 20th anniversary, see Il Resto del Carlino 29 july 1988 ):price 400 $/each, 10% at order and 90 % at existence, according with art 1472 c.c. , vendita di cosa futura.
Price 2006: 12.000.000 $ , because the progres of Fort Alamos laboratory on Nothing. :mrgreen:
:shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish:
So, according to your opinion , Xenu 75.000.000 years ago brought billions of people and blew them with hydrogen bombs.
Which progres in your past 75.000.000 years ? :mrgreen:
Their souls then clustered together and stuck to the bodies of living and continue to wreak chaos and havoc today.
Only people who suffer from mental ratardation would ever believe any of this.(wikipedia ).
Now:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nos, we, Marius de Scarponiana gente,
Vergaro Cricca Marchigianorum
( Golia, a kind of Xenu )
in nostra magna misericordia,
ex potestatium quae ex traditione nobis perveniunt,
te Q 777
equitem facimus.
Cum quo titulo te codicillamus ad libere intrandum in aulam architecture.

:worship: :worship: :worship:
Scientologists only have much much more money than us.
Where ? :mrgreen:

Post scriptum :
Hydrogen bombs were lowered into volcanoes and all were detonated simultaneously.
Bah, foolishnesses :pirate_fish:
Each atomic bomb is a black body, and if they are detonated simultaneously each absorbs the others.
See < www.lavocecattolica.it> Medjugorie
Thetan's Vendetta: the dark cinema for new creation iso-labile.
Ahmadinejad deny the thetan's holocaust too :mrgreen:
:pirate_fish: :pirate_fish: :pirate_fish:
All'ombra dell'ultimo sole/ s'era assopito un pescatore/ ed aveva un solco lungo il viso/ come una specie di sorriso, làlàlàlàlà :pirate_fish:
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Baka on Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:06 pm

NeferKa wrote:If anything, I learned that Scientologists use Piltdown man in their evolution basis. Was that the human-ape skull combination "found" in England?
It was basically a human skull and an orangutan jaw slapped together. The skull was made to look fossilized but when they were tested years later it was still bone.
Baka
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:15 pm

Welcome to the forums, Baka. Why doncha introduce yourself to everybody in the New Converts thread in the START HERE forum.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby boghog on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:47 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:Actual Church structure is sketchy at present, but we're new. Give us a couple thousand years. We're not going into the moneygathering business, so it'll be a slow grow. :)

Though if you feel a need to tithe, you can PM me for an address to send it to.

:D
Now Hypercaffeinated! Share and Enjoy!

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia!

You catch more flies with BS than you do with honey.
boghog
Lord of Linguini

Scientology

Postby Sekhmet on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:30 pm

From my own experiences with Scientology i can swear i never want to provide the services of deathbed care to another one again. Unless i witness about (well when in Rome) my FSM :twisted:

An Ode to Clearwater

Once upon a time Clearwater had pools of brimming fresh water at the sealevel where surf met sand and the wind blew free.
Tourists from over the world, came to see the glorious life lived both day and night, cos the sunlight was so bright.
Twice strange ships did alight upon the area where water was clear and dear to pirates who knew where to go.
The first group sailed way in search of far greater riches than clear clean sweet tasting water to drink.
The second came; once after the fine great pools had been drunk clear gone with only memories to remain, by name.
They called themselves the Guardians, the deepwater sailing branch of space traveling aliens gadzillions of years old with money from all of Earth's nations swelling their ancient pot.
Clearwater remains but with no more pools of fresh clean pure water down where the surf mets sand and the wind is no longer free.
And the pirates of today, that walk her deserted streets in their fresh bright white dress come only to recover ancient old memories of an out in space race.
E-meters cost lots of money, and swabbing the decks very little is earned. Florida's little Gold West Coast where pirates of the blackest hearts once sailed and made port- Nay! they still make port; but they no longer leave with barrels of sweet fresh clear water. But with minds E-metered into control; growing old blowing bales of hot air- Hail to Ron and Scientology! as poor old Clearwater just drys up under the glimmering ceaseless hot sun.
Sekhmet the Right Hand and Daughter of the Egyptian God Re. Both a healer and destroyer, i love my daddy:)
Sekhmet
Ziti Zealot

Re: Scientology

Postby E.Raser on Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:29 am

Sekhmet wrote: i can swear i never want to provide the services of deathbed care to another one again.

Do you want to sell mattresses for my own enterprise ?
Your Avatar looks like buttocks of the goal-keeper of Italy
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Sekhmet on Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:20 pm

E.Raser wrote:
Sekhmet wrote: i can swear i never want to provide the services of deathbed care to another one again.

Do you want to sell mattresses for my own enterprise ?
Your Avatar looks like buttocks of the goal-keeper of Italy

What is your own enterprise? Can i work on my own projects in my spare time? Use my own computer? Speak only american english or pigden and sign language? Do i get to travel? Any Scientologist involved? Is death involved in any way? Contact me and we can talk.

And if my Avatar does look like the buttocks of a goal-keeper i would like to see his legs :fsm_yarr:
Sekhmet the Right Hand and Daughter of the Egyptian God Re. Both a healer and destroyer, i love my daddy:)
Sekhmet
Ziti Zealot

Postby E.Raser on Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:02 pm

Sekhmet wrote:
And if my Avatar does look like the buttocks of a goal-keeper i would like to see his legs :fsm_yarr:

I cannot see well, but I believe that is like Gigi Buffon, the goal-keeper of Italy in the game of 9th july 2006, Berlin.
To day I believe that:
-left is greater than right
-the third is wood. :mrgreen:

Well, about business now.
My enterprise is under project now.
From my experience as organizer for some Austrian enterprises I know:
- a casual group is never homogeneous. Never ALL yes and never ALL not.
Wheter you sell mattresses or crocodile's dirty
-if I pay the supper to 10 couples ( if is present only the wife she must talk with husband, if is present only the husband he must talk with wife )
in a medium restaurant, I spend 300 $/day and sell, at worst ,1.500,00 $/day ( 30.000,00 $/month / seller )
So my own enterprise could be:
1.500,00 $/supper x 40 sellers x 20 days /month = 1.200.000,00 $/month invoice
20% cost of products
20% expenses of suppers
15% reward of seller
5% reward of organizer
10% cost of delivering at home + office's expenses
30% enterprise profit
about.
my best goal as organizer was in Recanati in 1999, 500 $ supper, 16.000 $ invoice
The seller was Christian Innerebner, from Austria-Bolzano, better than me.
Better because I look for the public to reason well,and he look for like your Avatar.
My best goal as seller was 4.500 $/day
2) Yes, sure, you can work for your own projects during the day.
This work in my enterprise is only from sunset at dawn ( at 00,00-1,00 a.m. if you have, as second work :director of bank or professor at university or Minister)
3) yes, you can use your computer everytime you want , during the supper too, but not when customers firm the order.
4) It is necessary to speak Italian well if you work in Italy
5) 200+200 = 600+3 km/day during thwe work time, about.
Unlimited kilometres during the day
6) if they want to sell crocodile's dirty, why not ? :mrgreen:
7) after the end of 2th war, Americans brought in Italy Coca Cola+blue jeans+mattresses by tongs.
Now the tongs ,solenoidi, act like vectors of the electromagnetical field.
So all Italians, 97% about, are sleeping over vectors of terrestrial field + Tv field+computer field+radio field and so on.
May be that thetans travel on these vectors from volcanoes underground.
And, if not thetans, millions of acari are into the mattress , which is the most dirty site of the home :mrgreen:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Sekhmet on Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:27 pm

Oh! My, way to much math! I am sorry but even with the ability to work on my own projects your offer... i can't accept your kind offer. Math, Italian, and a willingness to accept money from strange aliens is just to much for me. But thank you so very much :D

i hope you have a nice day :fsm_rock:
Sekhmet
Ziti Zealot

Postby nate272 on Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:53 am

You guys might want to check out the un-funny truth about scientology on YTMND.com:

"The Unfunny Truth About Scientology" (some disturbing images in it)-http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

"The Un-funny SEQUEL About Scientology" (pretty much the aftermath of the first one)-http://theunfunnysequel.ytmnd.com/
w00t!!!
nate272
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Next

Return to All Things FSM