Praying to the FSM works!

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Praying to the FSM works!

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:13 pm

today a spanish project was due. we had to bake a latino dessert, I mad a tres leches cake (contain yourself DD). since it had to be refridgerated, we decided to drive to school. I slept in, and we were late. I signed in at about 8:10 (school starts at 8:00) to the office. I went to my spanish class on the lower floor to give my teacher the cake, and that was all taken care of. now, in the rush I had grabbed my backpack, but we've already cleaned out our lockers, so I wasn't supposed to. I asked an administartor what to do, and he said just put it somehwere in your pod. the teachers should have a plan. so I go upstairs. all the teachers either are having a class or aren't in their rooms. so after a few minutes of panicking, I just put it in the Teacher Workroom. then I go back downstairs to the other end of school to go to first period. but no one is there!!!!! so now I have no idea what to do, I start panicking and praying to the FSM. just as I start to go to the office, My civics teacher (knows about the forums and likes FSMism.) almost walks into me, shocked to see me. I don't hesitate to explain the situation, and she tells me to calm down, hands me some rubber duckies, tells me to go to the courtyard and put them in the pond, then come outside to help set up for field day. calming myself with work or somesuch. so I do that, and it's all good.

the significant point is that less than a minute after praying to the FSM, the best possible teacher arrives, who also knows about the FSM, and my position on the forums.

disprove THAT creationists!

so please comment or share your own instance of praying working!

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Weird beard on Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:15 pm

it all depends on if that actually was the FSM or Christian god trying to gain your faith
Love thy Neighbour as you love they noodle
Weird beard
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Weird beard on Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:31 pm

yeah. But he is lucky, im lucky to get a response when i meantion the Pastafarian faith or the FSM
Love thy Neighbour as you love they noodle
Weird beard
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:33 pm

give it time. first he contacts you, then you must contact him.

I'll bet theres some obscure religion where the word Luck is synonymous with God.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

when I make pasta

Postby NeferKa on Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:36 pm

What a story, Qwerty! I just pray when I make pasta… mostly so I don’t burn the garlic bread and set off the smoke detector. I’m not a very cook, but I can make desserts fairly well. I haven’t ruined a pasta meal since my conversion, which I think is some good evidence!
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:43 pm

I'm sure Qwerty would answer you, but his whole server system is down. I am sure he's praying that it comes back up soon. Propbably by Wednesday.

:fsm_float:
:worship:
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby His Worshipper on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:58 am

ha! that story was better than any school story i've heard in years!
:worship: the FSM!
His Worshipper
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Fredfred Bobfred on Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:41 pm

Shortly after I converted, my brother and sister made me play hide and seek tag with them. When I was it, I prayed to FSM, saw a bird, and followed it to my sister.
"Just don't ask, and I won't have to kill you."
--Me

"But I was hungry!"
--Also Me

"I like eggs. Especially when they're scrambled or an ingredent in challah. Egg Challah is good!"
--I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. Okay, it's me.
Fredfred Bobfred
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:04 am

see fred, theres so much evidence in our natural world, and everyday lives. as we all know, personal anecdotes are the more irrefutable of evidences.

stealing net from dads work till 5,
~Qwerty

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby chuck212 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:09 pm

great story it seems fsm answered your prayers well. can anybody tell me what a tres leches cake is?
:?
it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.... then its hilarious
chuck212
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:20 pm

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby NeferKa on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:07 am

Ooh... Now I'm hungry!
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:32 am

now you know how it feels to be DD!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

cake

Postby NeferKa on Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:51 am

I did make a chocolate cake on Sunday... but between work and school, I haven't been home long enough to eat it. It's rather sad. I think when I get off of work this morning, I have some for breakfast. :)
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:51 am

Yep it's true! I just did a semester of introductory Japanese and was way behind in my studies, so I prayed to the FSM to touch me and my exam paper with His Noodly Appendages, and surely enough, I got my results back today & found that I've passed and can go on to study next semester.

I only got the minimum percentage range to pass (50-64), but because of the piddly amount of study I did all semester, I know that His Noodlyness has been guiding me with His Noodly Appendages.

Thanks & Praise be to The Flying Spaghetti Monster!!

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Divine Intervention
:worship: :fsm:
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Next

Return to All Things FSM