IM conversation with my Christian Cousin.

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:40 am

do you know how many timezones there are in china?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Alpaca on Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:44 am

You forgot something essential:

It's ridiculous! It's not even funny!

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Swashbuckler Saucy on Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:41 am

I went under the same barrage of "You're going to hell". They were probably older than your cousin, but it only meant more hostility towards me after I pulled out my Bible to whip out a Leviticus line forbidding shrimp eating.
Mmmm, pasta.
Swashbuckler Saucy
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Alpaca on Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:20 am

My extended family in Poland are deeply Catholic, and they love me, so they don't scream at me and all, but just mutter to themselves with a sad resignation that I'm going to hell. They pray for me, too. I feel kinda bad about it, but I'm not gonna pretend to believe something I don't, and I'm not gonna lie to my grandmother, who's depressed enough already about my grandfather's death.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby boghog on Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:23 pm

Swashbuckler Saucy wrote:I went under the same barrage of "You're going to hell". They were probably older than your cousin, but it only meant more hostility towards me after I pulled out my Bible to whip out a Leviticus line forbidding shrimp eating.

I've heard a comeback to that (i.e. the prohibitions on food that many don't adhere to while pulling out Leviticus to do things like whack gay couples over the head with it): that proper cooking techniques have made the rules unneccessary (though I'm not certain what great advances in stone oven technology occurred between the Old and New Testaments to cause this).

I haven't yet heard a reason why they don't only wear similar fibres (not sure of the reason for this one), keep their forelocks uncut (as an outward expression of their faith) or leave the edges of their fields unreaped (as a form of charity, to leave food for the poor and destitute).
Now Hypercaffeinated! Share and Enjoy!

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia!

You catch more flies with BS than you do with honey.
boghog
Lord of Linguini

Postby teripie on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:22 pm

Alpaca wrote:You forgot something essential:

It's ridiculous! It's not even funny!

Snork! I love a good inside joke!

Back on topic, I think I'll enjoy hell. Mark Twain said that's where he wanted to go. It'll be fun chatting with him I'm sure.
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Satan bless you too

Postby NeferKa on Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:28 pm

It is my thought that if the afterlife is as the “you’re going to hellâ€￾ people think it is then I definitely do not want to go there! Why would I want to spend all eternity with a deity that doesn’t like women or homosexual people? All of the fun people would be in hell if that’s the way it is. A lot of great historical figures would be there because they died before Christianity was invented, they weren’t Christian, or they weren’t the type of Christianity that gets people in the fundie heaven.

During finals week on campus there were a couple of guys standing outside of the student union with bibles and posters yelling at everyone that they were going to hell if they didn’t study the Christian Bible. They screamed things along the lines of, “It is the only text book you need! You can’t get into heaven without 100% score! You’re going to Hell!â€￾ The police were called, which was pretty funny. I had to walk between them a couple times, and because I was ignoring them, they yelled louder. When I was almost past them, they yelled, “God bless you.â€￾ I turned around and gave them my best smile and said in my sweet, little girl voice, “Satan bless you too,â€￾ and took off to class. I don’t think that was the reaction they were expecting! :wink:
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Re: Satan bless you too

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:48 am

NeferKa wrote: Why would I want to spend all eternity with a deity that doesn’t like women or homosexual people?
Yeah, and just think of how crummy the shoe stores must be there!

Yeay for your reply to the Hell-bullies*. I might have said: " ...and may the Flying Spaghetti Monster forgive you!"

*Ooooh... Hell-bullies. Sounds like hillbillies. Did the FSM just reveal a new term? Hee hee!
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Alpaca on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:59 am

No, I think the FSM just shed light on a term and connection that was always there... :wink:
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Previous

Return to All Things FSM