It's FINALS Time!!

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Duke on Tue May 09, 2006 2:46 am

My finals loom, next week is judgemnt time. I shall pray. And study.

An old Native American proverb: "Call on God, but row away from the rocks".

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Griffin on Tue May 09, 2006 8:45 pm

I endorse the Smitey Person's post here and wish well on everyone.

I am not doing finals but having my portfolio examined which will dictate whether I can continue studying next year or I crash the whole thing. It's not an exam but a steady nightmare through this term building the portfolio involving pushing body and brain beyond any where they are willing to go.

How the mighty struggle !!
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue May 09, 2006 9:34 pm

or how the struggling might... errr, succed? meh.

I don't have it nearly as bad as I will in a few years, but SOL are still evil... english is out of the way though, so thats nice. math and spanish will be evil though, as they're high school courses. but I don't have anything really till next month.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby arkady on Wed May 10, 2006 9:10 am

No finals, but I do have 2nd year exams that dictate what subjects I can do next year. I want to do pathology with a research project and it's oversubscribed, the usual entry mark is 61-62%. I got 66% last year though, so it should be within my reach... First exam is on the 27th, last one on the 9th of June.... mildly snarked that the science students have far more exams than the arts people (9 exams, about 25hrs total, compared to about 3 exams for subjects like English, History and Land Economy), but c'est la vie...

We are doing some nice stuff tho, like revising in the college gardens when the weather's nice :) The exams are earlier this year too, which means i'll have time to enjoy the rest of the summer term before I have to go home.
arkady
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby SpisBoy on Thu May 11, 2006 8:17 pm

Has anyone taken the AP Human Geography exam? That thing was Hellish...

How is anyone supposed to write an essay about the theory of "core-periphery"? :? Well, I'll probably do fine, with the FSM's blessing.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Arrrgh!" -Piraticus 13:7

http://home.earthlink.net/~meximiliano/
SpisBoy
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby NeferKa on Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:17 am

Thanks for the noodly blessing! (4.0 for me! Yippee!)

I’ve been away from the forum for so long too: one week of nasty, nasty finals, and then I went to Egypt to study for 2 weeks.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Ezkerraldean on Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:19 am

it be the same time over here too mateys. A-levels now!

what is everyone doing afterwards? i be sailing to leicester university to waste four years on a course about [i.e. studying] planetary geology.
we are both atheists, it's just that i believe in one god less than you
Ezkerraldean
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:08 pm

goof! stupid high school level classes finals sneakin' up on me. I've got a spanish speaking final tommorow and a math one someitme in the next two weeks.

I'll be going to shakspear camp... but I'm not really leaving here.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Captain Noobhead on Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:18 pm

Alas, I've finished all mine. Bio and chemistry were the worst, but Algebra 2 was a killer as well. Now I'm on my third day of spring break! :fsm_rock:
Captain Noobhead
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Alpaca on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:14 pm

Don't worry. Next year, Precal will be ridiculously easy.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby arkady on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:14 am

Ow... does anyone know any exercises or anything to relieve 'writing strain'? (ie wrist and thumb hurting a lot)

Passed the halfway point tho, 5 exams down 4 to go. Of which 2 will be 3 hour papers with constant writing...
arkady
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby bubblegumgirl on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:29 am

I've got the same problem, but now I've started to chew my lip and it's started to bleed, not a good look when you walk into exams looking like you've just been bashed up.

I advise (For writers cramp) constant movement. I know it sounds stupid, but last year i decided to rest my hand and it seized up, refusing to let me write anymore, trying to finish an exam with my left hand was not the easiest thing i've ever had to do.
"Yes Marge, in Theory, in theory communism works." Homer Simpson

"`This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer, `I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'"

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
bubblegumgirl
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:02 pm

It was a long time ago, but my finals went splendidly, with all A's. The best part is that I didn't throw a panic attack like I did last time. I heeded the Friendly Letters of the Avatar and I sailed right through, clear and smooth.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby KingLackLuster on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:31 pm

i didnt study hard.. i partied hard those week.. but i passed everything i needed
No Soup for You!

Haha... I'm Back.
:shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish:
dance my minions
KingLackLuster
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Duke on Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:45 am

Er, whatever works for you, King Lack Luster!

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Next

Return to All Things FSM