FSM on homosexuality?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM on homosexuality?

Postby frankenc on Mon May 08, 2006 12:28 pm

What is the FSM's stance on homosexuality? I'm researching it. =)

Thank you for your help!
Austin Storm
frankenc
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon May 08, 2006 12:30 pm

Love who you want to love, and be tolerant of other's choices of partners (provided both/all are consenting adults). All genders and sexualities included.

I'll see if we can dig out an old thread on this, and I'm moving it to a more applicable area....

Here's the old thread:

http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3028
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Tickle on Mon May 08, 2006 12:34 pm

He's a tolerant deity. His stance on homosexuality is the same as His stance on heterosexuality or bisexuality.
Thought of the Day:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne
Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby frankenc on Mon May 08, 2006 12:35 pm

Brilliant, thanks!
Austin Storm
frankenc
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon May 08, 2006 12:37 pm

You're welcome.

While you're here, pop over to The New Convert Thread in START HERE and introduce yourself!
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Re: FSM on homosexuality?

Postby E.Raser on Tue May 16, 2006 9:06 am

frankenc wrote:What is the FSM's stance on homosexuality? I'm researching it. =)

Thank you for your help!

all the catholic priest are homosexual here.in the "il resto del carlino" of sunday an archibishop in Rome attack a car of police because they stoped him while in ........with a trans. :pirate_fish:
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby shortbeard_the_pirate on Fri May 26, 2006 12:09 pm

Yarrrr, spaghetti be straight, but rotini ain't, it swirls about like a dingy caught in a whirlpool. But both are pasta, me hardies. That's all that matters.
shortbeard_the_pirate
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Metal_Inside on Fri May 26, 2006 5:42 pm

If the pirates are more than a month in the open sea and there aren't wenches on board one of the crew members is designed as "the bride". It's the only thing Babilonian ancient scripts mention about homosexuality, so I suppose in any other case his Noodlineess lets us do what we want.
Metal_Inside
Conchigliette Convert

Postby daniel on Mon May 29, 2006 1:57 am

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is explicit on this point:

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:Love who you want to love, and be tolerant of other's choices of partners (provided both/all are consenting adults). All genders and sexualities included.
Daniel

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."
-- Emma Goldman
daniel
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Griffin on Mon May 29, 2006 6:10 am

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:Love who you want to love, and be tolerant of other's choices of partners (provided both/all are consenting adults). All genders and sexualities included.

May His Noodliness lead me to a place of knowledge for I see only two genders. May He open my eyes and reveal the true diversity of His world.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby The Meromorph on Mon May 29, 2006 12:24 pm

At my company, a few years ago, we were redefining our data model.
In the definition of a 'Person' gender was an included attribute. Almost everyone assumed it was a two-valued attribute (M/F). I caused great muttering and fulminating when I pointed out (we are a medical corporation), that even in my limited experience it is far more complicated than that. I forget the exact numbers, but I believe the ISO (International Standards Organization) recognizes nine genders, and one Medical Standards organization in the US recognizes fourteen.

To give some illustrations:
Simple Male and Female, everybody recognizes.
Hermaphrodite (Male and Female simultaneously) is a surprisingly common medical fact.
Some of our facilities are involved with Transgender Surgery. We need to be able to characterize those patients.
Homosexual and Bisexual Male and Female may have Privacy issues in 'mixed' gender rooms.
Genetic gender may not be the same as Social Gender for everyone...

And coding for Gender raises huge privacy issues. One would not normally consider that disclosing whether someone is male or female is a big deal, but think about some of the above situations...
In some cases Gender is extremely sensitive medical information.
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby Griffin on Mon May 29, 2006 12:34 pm

Thanks Mero.

I have a friend who has had transgender surgery, so I am aware of some issues. But I had no idea how gender issues are being addressed by the world at large in terms of coding for gender etc.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Zen on Mon May 29, 2006 1:14 pm

I have to agree with Mero as well. It always struck me as strange that there are only ever (at least in my experience) two options in the "sex" part of an application. How hard would it be to include at least an "other" option?

Anyway, we're straying from the main topic. I think this basically sums it up well enough.

Tickle wrote:He's a tolerant deity. His stance on homosexuality is the same as His stance on heterosexuality or bisexuality.

Basically, I think the point is that it's a non-issue.
yo ineedabettersig yo
Zen
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Ezkerraldean on Tue May 30, 2006 2:07 pm

of course homosexuality is accepted! our noodly lord swings a bit himself.
we are both atheists, it's just that i believe in one god less than you
Ezkerraldean
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Tue May 30, 2006 2:43 pm

Our noodly lord is of ambiguous gender, but since he* loves EVERYONE, then I suppose you could say he swings. His noodly appendages are certainly swingy.

The term "he" is used merely as a convenience, here.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Next

Return to All Things FSM