Is this the flying spaghetti monster?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM or False Idol

FSM
38%
False Idol
31%
Owl
31%

Total votes : 16

Postby The Meromorph on Mon May 08, 2006 3:10 pm

Well, if the meatballs idea didn't strike a chord, perhaps I can recommend the excellent chinese takeaway that used to be opposite the Wharf Mill furniture warehouse (don't know if it's still there). Their Beef and Tomatoes dish was exceptionally delicious, I recall.
I'm reinforcing my recommendation because I believe your need for a tasty and nutritious meal to share with friends and family is increasing rapidly. You are beginning to sound frenetic...

Take them there on the bus, perhaps?

We aren't overly concerned with 'converting' people from other beliefs, you know. It's funny to talk about for a little while, but it gets old pretty quickly.
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Re: Is this the flying spaghetti monster?

Postby Duke on Tue May 09, 2006 4:12 pm

Goat Starer wrote:Following on from the spectacular appearance of the FSM in the leaflet holders of First Bus Bradford, Yorkshire, UK which was CLEARLY the Real Thing (but which some DOUBTING HERETICS believed to be an OWL!) I have decided to clear all such issues up with this conversation. Please post questionable sightings for confirmation of authenticity by the faithful.

I will start you off with this one. A friend of mine who saw the photo on my little free site http://www.freewebs.com/anthonywad_2000/ has sent me this sighting on a fence in Milton Keynes (a rather nasty concrete new town in southern England whose horrible football team are a disgrace but we will let that pass for the moment).

So is this the real thing or is it a HERESY?

It looks like a slightly noodly owl. However, could this be an owl specially created by His Great Noodlyness, in his own image(sort of)?

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Goat Starer on Mon May 15, 2006 8:23 am

the Owl Heresy is once again gaining strength! As such I am posting a graphical representation of the First Bus / FSM appearance to help clear this up a bit.....

Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Mon May 15, 2006 12:33 pm

Hmmm... there's something not-so-vaguely scrotal about that graphic. There, I've said it.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Goat Starer on Mon May 15, 2006 7:24 pm

I know :? worrying isn't it!
Best regards

Goat

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon May 15, 2006 7:31 pm

[Coors Light Comment* deleted]

I'm NOT explaining.

*Tasteless and offensive
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Blackspot_Isaiah on Mon May 15, 2006 9:43 pm

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:Oy... you lot just gave me a rather inappropriate idea for a representation of the FSM, but it involves a mirror and long blond dreadlocks in an awkward area. The mirror, I could get, but the other ain't happening.

I'm NOT explaining.

Hmm. Would be a testimony for sure. Perhaps a nude testement? Check with your dictionary or a Latin linguist. I think I have said enough. :)
"Most people just take themselves too damn seriously, which is why they act like damn fools."
- Robert Anton Wilson
Blackspot_Isaiah
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue May 16, 2006 12:55 am

We were just tal...

Ahem. :roll:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Duke on Tue May 16, 2006 2:36 am

Let's change the subject, shall we?

Could there be a connection?

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Goat Starer on Tue May 16, 2006 8:32 am

has this rather remarkable tale of pirates and spaghetti surfaced on the forum before?

http://www.nathanscheck.com/diary/?section=4
Best regards

Goat

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Previous

Return to All Things FSM