Ages

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Alpaca on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:23 pm

Hawk wrote:... peer-pressure, etc...

"Dude, c'mon, you KNOW you wanna run into that telephone pole. All the cool kids are doing it!"
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Tansy the Terrible on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:24 pm

I've got a related question.

Which age group is the most valuable, loyal,and/or dangerous?

For loyalty I'd definately say the 0-12 range. Kids are the *bestest*! Don't care what you do, look like, earn, or have done in the past. They just love ya.
"Okee dokee doggie daddy!"
Tansy the Terrible
Stele Second Mate

Postby Rasti on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:39 pm

Ask one question, and veer off the whole age thing ;)

Sorry.

My 2 bits. Youth- 8-18: Impressionable, with an attention span rivalling goldfish. Most likely for 'impulse' acts

18-30 Not a whole lot better, but has a little money, able to do more damage, doesn't have the strong commitments to keep impulses in check.

30-50 Usually has family ties and obligations to keep them balanced.

50-80 Seniors, but starting to feel thier place in the world, and willing to back up a worthy cause.

80+ Cantankerous, set in thier ways. Usually starts turning to religion.

These are only generalizations, not meant to apply towards individuals. If it helps, remember, I can be an arse sometimes ;)
'We must Dissent', for the noodles ;)
A Validus Noodle , Pro valde Pax
Rasti
Farfalle First Mate

Location: Florida: Manipulating Hurricanes in his Noodley Name ;)

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:36 am

Rasti wrote:Ask one question, and veer off the whole age thing ;)

Sorry.

My 2 bits. Youth- 8-18: Impressionable, with an attention span rivalling goldfish. Most likely for 'impulse' acts

18-30 Not a whole lot better, but has a little money, able to do more damage, doesn't have the strong commitments to keep impulses in check.

30-50 Usually has family ties and obligations to keep them balanced.

50-80 Seniors, but starting to feel thier place in the world, and willing to back up a worthy cause.

80+ Cantankerous, set in thier ways. Usually starts turning to religion.

These are only generalizations, not meant to apply towards individuals. If it helps, remember, I can be an arse sometimes ;)

You didn't mention the 0-8 year olds! They can be pretty cool.

A life goal of mine is to learn how to chill out now so that when I'm old and set in my ways, I will hopefully have learned how to avoid cantankerousness.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Rasti on Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:45 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:You didn't mention the 0-8 year olds! They can be pretty cool.

A life goal of mine is to learn how to chill out now so that when I'm old and set in my ways, I will hopefully have learned how to avoid cantankerousness.

Sorry, but in my view, under 8 chidren don't have an opinion, and shouldn't.

Show me an 8 year old with a viewpoint, and I'll show you an abused child.
Rasti
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:56 pm

when I was 7 I said I liked Pokemon. that's a viewpoint. :D
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Alpaca on Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:57 pm

On a similar note, while extremely young children ususally don't have "real," substantiated opinions or viewpoints, they do have viewpoints.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

if you don't like the way I drive then stay off the sidewalk

Postby NeferKa on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:09 pm

I took my drivers test in Minnesota, and the area I was in didn't pass many students on their first or even second attempt! I was one of the few people I knew that passed the first time. I remember that the test administrator made the girl before me cry! A friend of mine took the test with the same guy, and he made her cry as well - and she passed! Did anyone else have unusual mean driver-testers? I think that young drivers had a lot of restrictions in MN too, such as times allowed to drive, passenger, etc., until they turn 18.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:28 pm

Rasti wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:You didn't mention the 0-8 year olds! They can be pretty cool.

Good Rasti, my Drakelette is all of seven years old and she has some very strong, valid opinions. Qwerty's met her, he knows. Please don't underestimate children. Perhaps the ones you've met have not opened up to you, but some of them are very sharp. Sharp as the blade I would hold to your throat if you wish to insinuate that I abuse my child.

I seem to be frequently defending children in this forum. Come on, people. The gospel says pirates love children and invented Halloween just to give them candy. Get with the program and stop picking on the people you used to be!
:x
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Hannah on Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:36 pm

I'm 18, but I'll be 19 on May 22.
Hannah
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Tansy the Terrible on Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:47 pm

My daugthter is 8. True story: Just this very morning we were watching cartoons. A commercial for a new barbie came on; the "My scene bling bling" barbie. Whoa! Have you seen these?!? They're wearing belts, not skirts. And platform spike boots, with a mini fur jacket. I said "Hey look, it's hooker barbie." And they just about fell off the couch laughing. My daughter said "That's disgusting. Why would someone want that?" And her opinion of Bratz dolls? "That's just poor self body image." And yes, she knows exactly what that means.
The FSM gives 'em to us, we're raising them up, and setting them loose upon the world! BWAAAHAHAHAHA!
"Okee dokee doggie daddy!"
Tansy the Terrible
Stele Second Mate

Postby NeferKa on Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:05 pm

Are the Bratz the big headed dolls without noses? I saw a clip of the cartoon on The Soup a while ago, and they creep me out! I'm happy that you have an opinionated daughter with a sense of humour.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Rasti on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:32 pm

As I've said in the past, generalizations. There are a few nuggets of gold out there, but I'm unwilling to entertain a generation of youth, who believe they have re-invented the wheel, in between commercials for Spongebob.

To counterpose your child, remember there is a 10 year old out there fighting for her 'right' to wear a miniskirt in school.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-rev ... 41518.html
Rasti
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Hawk on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:43 pm

Tansy the Terrible wrote: My daughter said "That's disgusting. Why would someone want that?" And her opinion of Bratz dolls? "That's just poor self body image." And yes, she knows exactly what that means.
The FSM gives 'em to us, we're raising them up, and setting them loose upon the world! BWAAAHAHAHAHA!

It's great to hear that some kids have the sense to recognize these things for what they are. Too many youngin's fall prey to mass-media's representation of what they should be and how they should think. Kudos to Tansy for bringing up a child who knows the difference! :fsm_rock:
Interesting... This cadaver appears to be breathing and pleading for medical attention...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A.K.A. Black William Roberts
Hawk
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:46 pm

The dress code at Upper St. Clair states that administrators can't impose limitations on dress unless it causes a disruption, leaving principals to decide what is acceptable.

I don't know if the article just didn't report it, but it seemed to me that there was no disruption with the miniskirts. untill the 'protest' that is.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM