FSM vs Solar Eclipse

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM vs Solar Eclipse

Postby orys on Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:23 pm

I'm organizing expedition to Turkey with my Astronomy Students Scientific Group to observe Solar Eclipse in 29 III 2006. In mail-talk with my Slovakian pastafarian friend he asked me important question:

"Tomek you are highly educated in astronomy, is it really true, that
eclipses is caused by Flying Spaghetti Monster?"

I'm not too good in astronomy - in fact i'm a physician. But i mean that He don't must touch by his noodly
apendage and push a moon into the sun. I think when He created the Universe, He started this move once and
that was enough - now solar eclipses are perdiodical

But I asked my astronomical friend - Alioth on IRCnet, and he said that there is another theory. He said, that
some people thinks, that's this thing, wich covering Sun isn't Moon. He thinks, that this may be left nucleus of
FSM (that's mean this left meat pulp).

I asked him "why left" and he answered:
23:36 <@Alioth> widzisz... (you see...)
23:36 <@Alioth> nie wiem (i don't know!)
23:36 <@Alioth> myślę że to sam FSM włożył mi te myśl do głowy (i think that FSM put this into my head)
23:37 <@Alioth> tak jest, doznałem objawienia!(oh, yes!!! I'm just iluminated!)
23:37 <@Alioth> zostałem pomacany makaronową wypustką!( I was touched by His noodly appendage!!!)

I think, that this all in that question... And now, we have new witness of that FSM is exist!

----------
P.S. About our expedition: Sponsor Wanted ;-) Maybe one of you want to sponsor some pastafarian research? ;-)
This signature should not have been viewed by young children
orys
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby orys on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:43 pm

Oh my Flying Spaghetti Monster... :fsm_float:

I think that i don't understand you at all - maybe this is my poor english or maybe just i can't grasp all of this idea..

And what about this guys? They are some USA politicians, but I don't know them. I know only Bush - and I don't want to hear more. We have enough stupid politicians in Poland...

orys
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Duke on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:48 am

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:This is a VERY exciting advancement in astronomy, with MORE than enough scientific proof to be as viable, at minimal standards, as Intelligent Design.

We must get a consortium of well-to-do business and legal-occupation people to back this concept, and have them get some fake doctoral degrees, and get them and a bunch of corporations to give tons of money for the propagation of this theory.

Hey, if we make them teagh it in schools, maybe it'll help with the Pastafarian take-over of...wait--do we have a take-over of ANYTHING planned?? We don't?? Not even a small Italian restaurant??

OK, you work on the astronomy part, and i'll find something to take over.

We'll form a group, ummm, Pastafarians for a New Astronomical Concept, and call it P-NAC. It'll be GREAT!!

(When we write the script, I am NOT gonna be Cheney. Maybe Rumsfeld, but i'd rather be Wolfowitz. :mrgreen: )
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 'scuse me, I lost my mind for a moment.

Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled posting.

Quick! Someone with a PhD! Over here! :wink: :fsm_rock: :wink:

This is a great notion!

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby orys on Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:43 pm

Hm.

Alpaca? Where are you? I need some translations :-)
orys
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:46 pm

Try a PM on Alpaca.

(By the way, the Virginia Pastafarians took over a small Italian restaurant last month, we are proud to say.)

Love your little keyboard guy animation!
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:52 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:Try a PM on Alpaca.

(By the way, the Virginia Pastafarians took over a small Italian restaurant last month, we are proud to say.)

Love your little keyboard guy animation!

1) the place was MADE for us. pastafarians I mean.
2) I like the keyboard... but it kinda creeps me out...

although it's a very interesting notion and requires due investigation, I think I can group this with alot of other things.

a group called the "FSM in nature" sightings. these images or ideas are not photoshopped, but facts brought into the FSM powered light.

examples:

1) plant roots are like appendages!
2) the sun and moon are shaped like the meaty orbs.
3) DNA and some viruses are Noodly in nature
4) the most mysterious and illusive of creatures, the gigantic squid (or kraken as I like to call him), is almost an exact fish-representation of the FSM.

we should make a gruop dedicated to finding and recording all examples of FSM in science and nature. I volunteer to head it. we can get another forum! yaaay! :roll:

but seriously, I know there are alot of these examples, but I just don't have the best memory for remembering these thigns I see once in a small thread. we should defintily have an organization for collecting these examples, as they are part of more undeniable proof of the FSMs existance that have already been proven and most people accept.

meaning, they accept the fact that DNA and viruses like Ebola are noode-like in shape.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:55 pm

Qwerty: There's bits and pieces of that over in Science... see if you can find the old thread and revamp it.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:18 pm

Argh, I shall.

but we defintly need a new forum. perhaps a secret forum, but visible to others. so only a few can post so its not a cluttered forum. more of a gallery.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:45 pm

I could technically do it all myself. we could just create an announcement/sticky in All Things or something and I would just update one post. I could enlist "helpers" via PM, and they could PM me the thoughts/pictures.

so shall I just create a thread in All Things and have you Sticky it?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby orys on Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:30 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:
If it's some of my nonesense, i'll translate. Just PM me with where I go off your screen, and i'll try to fill in the gaps.

Hmm. I think thats not a language problem. My friends from Poland, wich are much better then me in english, both can't catch your ideas too...
orys
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:34 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:Let me visualize this...

(IOW Let me get my brain back in my head. I'm sneezing out the last few braincells...)

Yeah, let's do this tomorrow evening or Sunday 'K??

sure thing. if you're on at 2 AM I might be on then. although I'm not sure I want to see how your brain acts at that hour...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:24 pm

ouch, you're going to overwork yourself. no wonder you've been acting..

...normally.

meh, I've been up since five. went to sleep at 11pm the night before...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby orys on Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:29 am

This question is obstinately discuted between my friends (even if they aren't Pastafarians yet) - so I decided that it must be important enough to put an article on our new Turkey-expedition site :-)

http://knsa.info/turcja.php
orys
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Alpaca on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:11 pm

Very nice. Bring back pictures, wouldja?
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby orys on Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:43 pm

Of corse. ;-) everything will be on our site :-)
orys
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Next

Return to All Things FSM