Proof of Influence of FSM in Shakespeare

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Proof of Influence of FSM in Shakespeare

Postby Griffin on Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:55 pm

To kick things off:

Hold, villain!

O, sir, we doubt it not.

Establish speaker and play.

Other offerings eagerly awaited.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Alpaca on Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:20 pm

"Look like th' innocent flower,
But be the serpent under 't."
--Macbeth, 1.5.76-78

Here, Lady Macbeth is literally urging Macbeth to become a snake that looks like a flower. Anybody who says that this is a metaphor is wrong.

This passage underlines the predominant Pastafarian themes in Shakespeare's work. In this scene, he causes the witches to turn Macbeth into a snake shortly after the line is delivered. (It absolutely happened. If you don't remember it, you just weren't paying attention in class.) He is thus showing the witches, which symbolize the forces of good, turning Macbeth into an animal that more resembles a noodle than a human. They are thus showing Macbeth, in the last scene of the play (your English teacher made up the rest), becoming truly at one with his Noodly Master, because Macbeth fits the mold of the classical hero, who up to this point has been soley focused on converting Norway (where the play happened, and not Scotland) to FSMism.

By the way, y'know that whole bit (which your English teacher made up) about Duncans murder? Actually, Duncan was jealous and committed suicide to try to frame Macbeth. But that didn't work, now did it?
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Griffin on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:15 am

Beatrice Scratching could not make it worse, an 'twere such a face as yours were.

Benedick Well, you are a rare parrot-teacher.

Beatrice A bird of my tongue is better than a beast of yours.

Much Ado About Nothing Act 1, Scene 1

In this swift exchange Shakespeare is encouraging his crew to stuff their parrots in their mouths that they should speak the better for it.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Alpaca on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:26 am

"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the East, and Juliet is the sun!
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief
That thou her maid art far more fair than she."
--Romeo and Juliet, 2.2.1-6

Here, Shakespeare masterfully uses the metaphor to portray pasta as the sun, and the empty dish as the envious moon.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:32 am

Alpaca wrote:"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?

Here, Shakespeare masterfully uses the metaphor to portray pasta as the sun, and the empty dish as the envious moon.

Are you positive about that one?

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Griffin on Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:54 am

Duke wrote:
Alpaca wrote:"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?

Are you positive about that one?

Shakespeare is The Master of Metaphore and the clue is given in the very first line - what light - I'd say it's positive
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Duke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:00 am

Griffin wrote:Shakespeare is The Master of Metaphore and the clue is given in the very first line - what light - I'd say it's positive

Oh, of course: "What light"! Why did I not see that?

Jeez!

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Re: Proof of Influence of FSM in Shakespeare

Postby E.Raser on Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:36 am

[quote="Griffin"

Henry VI
Gloucester : Paris is lost ? Rouen did give up ? If Henry would be born again these news would return him the soul
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Richard of York ate pasta in Vain

Postby black bart on Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:36 am

'Now is the winter of my discontent, made glorious summer by this plate of ramen.'

Richard of York ate pasta in vain...( mucks up your rainbow colours).
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:19 am

...Men must endure
Their going hence even as their coming hither.
Ripeness is all.
--Edgar, King Lear 5.2.10-12

Here, after suffering a tragic loss of tomato crops, Edgar consoles himself with the notion that they'll come hither again next year. He wistfully remarks that to make proper sauce for pasta, the tomatoes must be ripe.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:21 pm

"Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look."

Yond Casiuss was looking at pasta, of course.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Griffin on Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:43 pm

ARTS & IDEAS/CULTURAL DESK | May 8, 2004
Shakespearean Diet: Pasta, No Coffee
By CAMPBELL ROBERTSON
The New York Times

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference ... ne=nyt-per
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Duke on Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:52 pm

I am a Shakespearean, and I drink coffee........................... :(

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Griffin on Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:58 pm

400 years old? Praise the FSM.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Duke on Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:39 pm

Yeah, I am older than I look.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Next

Return to All Things FSM