Pastafarian Theology Doctoral Theses

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Pastafarian Theology Doctoral Theses

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:16 am

In another forum (where they had the temerity to suggest that I was not really an ordained Pastafarian Minister with a Doctorate in Pastafarian Divinity), I described the Pastafarian University as "A bit like Hamburger University, but without the same academic rigour". I thought I should just check with my fellow alumni that this characterisation was OK?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Ravi Oli on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:08 am

Yarrrr Roy nor art we hinclined ta dress in strange costumes nort hassume funny accents, an' names loike Hamburglar...
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby DavidH on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:07 am

Roy Hunter wrote: I described the Pastafarian University as "A bit like Hamburger University, but without the same academic rigour"

DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Auntie Blackbeard on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:27 am

Roy Hunter wrote:In another forum (where they had the temerity to suggest that I was not really an ordained Pastafarian Minister with a Doctorate in Pastafarian Divinity), I described the Pastafarian University as "A bit like Hamburger University, but without the same academic rigour". I thought I should just check with my fellow alumni that this characterisation was OK?

Yarr , oi loikes it .
Ye Crows Nest be open fer business me dearies.
Auntie Blackbeard
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Although this description throws mud in the face of all the hard work and decent research we alumni have put into gaining our doctorates, i'd say that statement pretty much sums it up. :haha:

Whilst i'm here, I may as well post the last two doctorates, forged in the fires of Mount Doom, dragged non-stop over parsecs of hot, boiling lava, and deposited onto the internet (it took 2 months):-

Daftbeaker

SamanthaSudd (if she ever returns)
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby SamanthaSudd on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Thank you for my award! I will add it to my resume.
I know I'm not so active in the forum/digital world, I mean I don't even update my Facebook status, so I probably won't be around much. But I appreciate you all. Thank you.
SamanthaSudd
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:46 am

SamanthaSudd wrote:Thank you for my award! I will add it to my resume.
I know I'm not so active in the forum/digital world, I mean I don't even update my Facebook status, so I probably won't be around much. But I appreciate you all. Thank you.

Glad to see you're still around and ok, Samantha. I hope you like your doctorate. It'll be far more useful than a real one. I mean one from somewhere else... :haha:

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby ChowMein on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:16 am

I feel guilty that I have yet to post a thesis up to par to that of my esteemed call leagues .
But I do intend to .
Thankfully I have flimsy moral standards and will not necessarily honor my words .
But I'm rightfully blaming Roy for taking all the good gags before I could steal them and PoN stole all the cute stuff ( marry me for a month ).
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby pieces o'nine on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:20 pm

I believe it's more properly a year-and-a-day, ChowMein. :lech:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Auntie Blackbeard on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:57 pm

I do think he has sailed for thee Cayman Islands an' then he's off to Switzerland.
Ye Crows Nest be open fer business me dearies.
Auntie Blackbeard
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:33 am

rrrrrr

ANNNNTEEEEEEeeeee..

Ho a hahahaha I finded ye !

um um sumbuddy put a chain over tha hatch ! I be inna bilje fer lots ove tyme ,i fink.anyhow I get out
Um um um
Et wuz a darrrk an sturmy nite wen I wuz havin supper I finked reggie an his frends can bite a hole inna shup an I get out!
So I sayd Hokay I no gunna have ya fer supper if ya choo froo tha hull .
Ahuh I be free Ahuh

an an an uh yer shup sink a liddle bit .

rrrrrrrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby la la on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:47 am

Ooh, can I have a go at writing my Pastafarian Doctoral Thesis? I'm thinking of the honour, the prestige, and the celebratory dinner I will surely get from my friends and family that will include a nice plate of spaghetti and meatballs!

I'm considering something along the lines of: The Ubiquitous Presence and Influence of FSM-ism (pronounced eff-ess-em-ismumismism) in the World Today.

Either that or: The Saucy Religious Conversion of Buxom-Serving-Wench Mary Margaret,in Jack's Tavern, in May of 1673.

Say, does anyone have any other ideas they'd really like to see a Thesis on? Let me know :haha:
"There's a hell of a good universe next door, let's go!" e e cummings

"And the new day was a great big fish." Terry Pratchett

"WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?" Terry Pratchett (yes again, I'm afraid. He's my absolute favourite author)
la la
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Ravi Oli on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:23 am

la la wrote:I'm considering something along the lines of: The Ubiquitous Presence and Influence of FSM-ism (pronounced eff-ess-em-ismumismism) in the World Today.

I reckon you need a catchy short title to go with that... I'm thinking "Sauce My Noodles".
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:46 am

la la, you're more than welcome to submit a doctoral thesis. There are many floating through the pages of this thread, so feel free to take a look through. If any are unavailable now, just ask and you shall receive. I've been meaning to collate them all into a "periodical" (it really does need the quotes, lol) for easy reference. A project for the summer, I think.

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Ravi Oli wrote:
la la wrote:I'm considering something along the lines of: The Ubiquitous Presence and Influence of FSM-ism (pronounced eff-ess-em-ismumismism) in the World Today.

I reckon you need a catchy short title to go with that... I'm thinking "Sauce My Noodles".

Oi wuz finkin ove sumfin loike , " Lick My Plate " .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM