Pastafarian Theology Doctoral Theses

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Pastafarian Theology Doctoral Theses

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:37 am

Dame Pieces. That be an amazing thesis you have there. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I know you're busy, and it could have waited for a while until you were less busy, but you sacrificed your time for the advancement of Pastafarian knowledge. You are indeed a true innovator and deserving of what I have for you in this post...

Dame Pieces O' Nine for How to Mayke a Fyne Cuppe of Tea

Black Bart for Discussions on feline wavefunctions using the Copenhagen interpretation and their collapse on observation after immersion in piscine solutions

EDIT: If you would prefer one of the other styles as well, please let me know :zen:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:04 pm

I humbly submit this for peer review.

I'd far rather have a Peer Revue, in which Peers Of The Realm, Lords both Temporal and Spiritual, entertained me with comedy skits, songs and dancing, but peer review will do.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:I humbly submit this for peer review.

:worship:

I don't know about a PhD but you might be able to submit that to Radio 4 :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:53 pm

Roy. You amaze me with your true Pastafarian notion of scientific experimentation. Truly you do. That has been saved for posterity on my HDD along with PoN's thesis. Truly remarkable. Your certificate shall be wending its way to you as soon as you let me know which of the 4 designs you wish for me to use. It's gonna be a bugger to fit that title in, but there should be enough room :haha:

P.S. - I have something for you. It took me a while to do, but that thesis deserved it... :evilgrin:
View full size for best effect (click picture once it opens properly).

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks, Roland. I may use a bit of your picture for a new avatar (getting a bit bored with the gloomy old St. Peter's Seminary one).

I like the plain-edged certificate with the piratefish watermark, the same as Bart and Pieces, and I suppose you could just say it was research into the holy meal of spaghetti and meatballs, instead of using the whole title.

Now I just have to hope my research methods catch on. I hope Bart reads it, he's bound to give it a go...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby gronank on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:I humbly submit this for peer review.

I'd far rather have a Peer Revue, in which Peers Of The Realm, Lords both Temporal and Spiritual, entertained me with comedy skits, songs and dancing, but peer review will do.

Roy Hunter wrote:Garlic is sold per
bulb, but the recipe invariably quantifies it per clove.
I'm missing a discussion about the weights of these bulbs of garlic: do you suppose a light bulb would introduce undesirable crunchiness to whatever dish it partake in?
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby pieces o'nine on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:31 am

Roy: :worship:

That is one of the finest specimens of scholarship upon which I have ever set mine eyes. I feel that the entire Pastafarian Community owes you a revue of just the sort you had in mind, but alas, it is not likely. As an alternative, I humbly offer a round of whatever it is appropriate for you and your peers to be drinking and I WILL PUT IT ON MY OWN TABBE.*

-pieces
whose mind is still reeling :worship:

* Don't let this get around as I don't intend to let it become habitual!
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:59 am

gronank wrote:I'm missing a discussion about the weights of these bulbs of garlic: do you suppose a light bulb would introduce undesirable crunchiness to whatever dish it partake in?
See? That's the sort of peer review I need. How much does a bulb of garlic weigh? Is it a light bulb? I'll write that down so I can remember it once the drugs wear off, and the next time Mrs. H. is out somewhere my research team will nip down to the shops to check it out. Thank you gronank.

And thank you everyone else for your kind words. The vivid dreams are about the only up side to sleeping ten hours a day, so I may as well write some of it down for the amusement of others.

Pieces, I will have a hot chocolate, thank you. Milo will have something disgusting he found in the car park.
Roy Hunter

Postby DavidH on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:13 am

Roy, I reckon that's worth a PhD, BLitt and bar with little shiny dangly things. Absolutely superb and deserves a wider audience. Maybe db's got a point about Radio4?
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:57 am

I think my certificate is absolutely brilliant. Should I download it from your website or do you need to e mail it? It will go up on me cabin wall wiv all me other certificates...such as:

Fyshe Head Stoo Quality Assurance Egon Ronay 1765 (eventually Egon agreed to thee hindorsement after being made to eat three bowls).
Nasty Captain of thee Year 1776 Runner Up.
Long Winded Tale Man Over-Board prize 1777 (this be awarded to the story wot made thee most men jump over board whilst it was bein read out).
The Captain Ahab Award for staying tied to a whale 1778 (me croo eventually agreed to untie me after I admitted waterin down thee rum tots).
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:59 pm

black bart wrote:I think my certificate is absolutely brilliant. Should I download it from your website or do you need to e mail it?

Thanks Bart, it was a pleasure to make. You need to download it from the thumbnail link I gave you above. Its size is comparable to normal certificates, something I made sure of when I first made the templates. Once the webpage opens, just click the certificate to view it full-size. Imageshack.us doesn't like showing pics full-size straight off. The background is one I made with effects to make it look like parchment. I don't know how it comes out when printed, as I haven't made myself an official one, and I won't until I finally get around to writing my own thesis.

Hi Roy. I have your certificate below, with full thesis title managing to fit, if a little bulging at the sides :haha: Sorry it's taken so long, but I seem to be busy these days. I hope you enjoy it:-

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:33 pm

They print very nicely, Roland; I'm getting mine framed to hang with my other dipomas & awarrrghds and stuff. :grin:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:56 pm

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
hay unca woelind um rrr
do i git me dapoma in avance dypur teknalogee ?
ow abowt lolly tastin?
rrrrrrrrrrrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:36 am

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
hay unca woelind um rrr
do i git me dapoma in avance dypur teknalogee ?
ow abowt lolly tastin?
rrrrrrrrrrrr
You've got to write us a story first, poopypants.

Remember to give it a title, then Uncle Roland can make you a diploma.

Then you can take it to the Temple of the Prophets and see if they will give you a title to go with it...
Roy Hunter

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:17 am

Hello there, young scamp. How are you today? Being good I hope. As Unkie Roy says, you need to write a little story first, then I will give you your diploma. It's like being at school, where you have to do a little bit of work to get the good marks. If you find it hard, i'm sure that Unkie Fartie can help you out there. Once you've done that, then you can get your special diploma for being a very good boy.

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM