Pastafarian Swears?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Pastafarian Swears?

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:31 pm

KMill wrote:
Tigger_the_Wing wrote:How about replacing 'Thank God for…" with "Thank science/people/technology for…"?

So much more appropriate. What are we thanking for sanity/sane people, though?

Neurons. :lol:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:57 am

KMill wrote:
Tigger_the_Wing wrote:How about replacing 'Thank God for…" with "Thank science/people/technology for…"?

So much more appropriate. What are we thanking for sanity/sane people, though?

Thank hundreds of millions of years of evolution for the development of an enlarged brain and consciousness? Doesn't really roll off the tongue.

I forget who it was (may have been Pratchett) who was talking about atheists hitting thumbs with hammers and shouting 'Oh! Random fluctuations in the space-time continuum!' :haha:

Edit- Tig kindly pointed out the correct bit, changed accordingly.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:13 am

Men at Arms:
Terry Pratchett wrote:Besides, when you hit your thumb with an eight-pound hammer it's nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded kind of atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout, 'Oh, random-fluctuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-out-moded-concept on a crutch!'
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:20 am

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Men at Arms:
Terry Pratchett wrote:Besides, when you hit your thumb with an eight-pound hammer it's nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded kind of atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout, 'Oh, random-fluctuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-out-moded-concept on a crutch!'

Ta, amended post. I was nearly right :whistle:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Previous

Return to All Things FSM