Getting ordained in Pastafarianism?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Finaltoaster
Conchigliette Convert

Getting ordained in Pastafarianism?

Postby Finaltoaster » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:46 pm

I am new to this forum, but for as long as I have known about Flying Spaghetti Monster I have wanted to be a minister or priest in it's teachings. This desire goes back to when I was a child, indoctrinated with the Christian god world view, and it is still alive inside me, but the faith is not.

If anyone could offer me any help at all I would greatly appreciate it.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Re: Getting ordained in Pastafarianism?

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Well, there's always the Universal Life Church, which gives free online ordinations.

As far as something more specifically Pastafarian, we're... loosely organized. But hey, educate yourself on the subject, get a copy of the Gospel, and then the Loose Canon when that comes out, act like you know what you're talking about, and who's to know the difference? :wink:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

JWG
Conchigliette Convert

Postby JWG » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Well, there's always the Universal Life Church, which gives free online ordinations.

As far as something more specifically Pastafarian, we're... loosely organized. But hey, educate yourself on the subject, get a copy of the Gospel, and then the Loose Canon when that comes out, act like you know what you're talking about, and who's to know the difference? :wink:

Thanks for the heads up. I am now Reverend JWG. Prophet, disciple, and Reverend of the FSM and his Will to Fill our S(tomach)ouls. RAmen.
"When everybody else runs, you walk." -Unknown

TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby TwistedSister » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Can you marry Qwerty, Scott, Elvalia and Nef Yoo???
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:17 pm

TwistedSister wrote:Can you marry Qwerty and Scott as well as Elvalia and Nef Yoo???

I understand why Scott and Qwerty would want to get married but what's Elvalia done to deserve the Toddling Terror?
There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this - Sir Terry Pratchett

The great thing about Beaker is his ability to provoke while still being decorous, or at least within acceptable rules of conduct - Qwertyuiopasd

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:18 pm

Daftbeaker, I see what you did there.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Return to “All Things FSM”