Pastafarian weddings?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pastafarian weddings?

Postby Isara on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:02 am

Apologies if this has been covered, but the search feature won't let me search for "wedding". Go figure.

Anyway, I have a friend who sent me an email asking if I knew any Pastafarian wedding rituals. I suggested handfasting with lasagna noodles, but apparently he wants the whole wedding to be pastafarian. AH!

Does anyone have any suggested rituals, texts, etc. for an FSM wedding?
Isara
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Pastafarian weddings?

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:54 am

You could just go with an all-around "Pirate Theme".

Have the wedding party dress as pirates and have the "minister" say things like "An da yee Isara wan _____ ta bee yer firs' matey 'till yer ship na lonner ssail th' hi seas?"

(apologies to all of you who speak fluent pirate...MWB could do better.)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Yeah, go pirate themed, say FSM anytime someone normal would say God, have the food be exclusively pasta/italian and alcohol.

I'm sure some of our more writey-type members could write up some stuff... also doesn't hurt to delve into the Scriptures and Lore forum for treasures and gems.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:00 pm

I'm sure that Auntie BB and MWB would be happy to write vows as long as they get a dvd of the wedding!

:smile:
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Return to All Things FSM