I have seen the Light

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: I have seen the Light

Postby TwistedSister on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Again, what is the sodium content?
Yes they maybe low in calories, but check the salt.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:25 am

Assuming Scott's exercising regularly a high salt content for one meal will be fairly beneficial to replace the salt lost through sweat. Admittedly the high blood pressure suggests he should be more careful than most but salt really isn't that bad (the RDA is about 6g for an adult).

He'll likely be doing at least as much damage by eating smoked meat a lot which will likely be covered in all manner of carcinogens. Still tastes awesome though :smile:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Scott the Pirate on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:43 pm

740mg or 31% of the USRDA. On the high side, but i'm losing a ton of that to the pool.

As for the smoked meat, yep! Chicken and (especially) turkey mostly, but my jerkey comes out pretty damned good too!
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby kalen1 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:11 am

I like that idea! but like many of us will agree, all pasta IS holy. that is what our god is made of after all! ^(^-^)^

RAmen! and may His noodly appendage touch us ALL PASTAFARIANS! :worship: :fsm_float:
kalen1
Ziti Zealot

Postby TheAllSeeingThumb on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Some of the cheap cup o noodles we get in NZ taste quite good, but theyre still just as unhealthy as ever. I used to have one for lunch each day at work, and it started causing a nasty rising bile every time I burped/hiccuped, lol.
Havnt touched them much since.
I'm hoping there's a Jagermeister geiser hidden somewhere amongst the beer volcanoes...
TheAllSeeingThumb
Conchigliette Convert

Previous

Return to All Things FSM