Strive to Make Pastafarianism an accepted religion!

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Strive to Make Pastafarianism an accepted religion!

Postby musefan on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:08 am

:fsm: In 2001, the UK census showed that over 10,000 people had put 'Jedi' down in their religion. If 10,000 British people put down Pastafarianism as their religion, it will be officially recognised by the Government. Then, we can be truly, a religion!

I thought of this because we had a practice RE Question that was taken from the GCSE paper of a few years ago. it was 'Describe a religious view of how the world was created'. I asked if I could describe any religion's beliefs and my teacher said: "As long as it's one of the main religions", which she then defined as Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism, Judaism, Buddhism and another one that i cant remember. I find this disgraceful! Pastafarianism isn't actually a recognised religion! if 10,000 people put 'Jedi' in the census without any organisation, then surely we can make it! :fsm_rock:
musefan
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Strive to Make Pastafarianism an accepted religion!

Postby Cardinal Fang on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:14 am

Sadly this is an urban myth.

Those who wrote in Jedi in the last census are recorded by the Office for National Statistics as part of the 16% listed as having no religion (along with hethens, atheists and agnostic) linkie...

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby henry morgan on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:Sadly this is an urban myth.

Those who wrote in Jedi in the last census are recorded by the Office for National Statistics as part of the 16% listed as having no religion (along with hethens, atheists and agnostic) linkie...

CF

:fsm:
tsk... tsk... tsk...
governments these days...
henry morgan
Ziti Zealot

Postby Robbobrob on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:47 pm

I say any religion that wants to be recognized by a government is NOT a proper religion, and is certainly not one that I wish to associate myself with. Proper religions, as the Bokononists claim, are a type of treason. And there are not a more treasonistic group than Pirates....especially the scientific kind who know the laws of science are above any government control.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Return to All Things FSM