I see the correlation now

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

I see the correlation now

Postby tobarstep on Sat May 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Living in Florida, hurricanes and other such natural disasters are common for me. However, I have noticed that with the rise in Somali piracy, the number of hurricanes we've been experiencing in recent years has dwindled.

Now, every time I see a 14 year old Somali boy waving a machine gun on CNN I smile knowing that the FSM has kept his promise to not rain (literally) death down upon me for another year.
tobarstep
Conchigliette Convert

Re: I see the correlation now

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun May 31, 2009 5:51 am

It's odd. Although the consensus is that the Somali pirates aren't proper pirates in the rum-drinking, arr jim lad sense, there does seem to be a reduction in extreme weather events recently. The Somalis seem to be simply poor farmers and fishermen forced by poverty and the dumping of toxic waste into their waters killing the fish, into raiding passing tankers to support their families.

Perhaps there is a secret cohort of proper pirates hiding out somewhere, drinking grog and distributing sweets to children in the good old fashioned way.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Re: I see the correlation now

Postby henry morgan on Sun May 31, 2009 11:24 am

Cardinal Fang wrote:It's odd. Although the consensus is that the Somali pirates aren't proper pirates in the rum-drinking, arr jim lad sense, there does seem to be a reduction in extreme weather events recently. The Somalis seem to be simply poor farmers and fishermen forced by poverty and the dumping of toxic waste into their waters killing the fish, into raiding passing tankers to support their families.

Perhaps there is a secret cohort of proper pirates hiding out somewhere, drinking grog and distributing sweets to children in the good old fashioned way.

CF

yes, those arent the good pirates we know and love, but they are still pirates.
henry morgan
Ziti Zealot

Return to All Things FSM