Answers in Genesis Commercial

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Answers in Genesis Commercial

Postby PKMKII on Mon May 04, 2009 10:25 pm

zinc alloy wrote:Are there really people in the US who believe people rode around on dinosaurs?

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby zinc alloy on Mon May 04, 2009 11:13 pm

That has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen.
FSM help those poor children who recieve that colouring book. :haha:

I've just got to print that off and stick it on my locker at work. Marvellous.
'I've been everywhere and I've seen everything there is,
but I never saw the light.
Scared to death of dying so I do my best to live,
out of mind and out of sight.' -Kris Kristofferson
zinc alloy
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby PKMKII on Tue May 05, 2009 12:52 am

One of my friends in high school had a grandmother that was all into the fundamentalism and creationism. One year for christmas, she got her grandkids a creationist children's book. Among the many hilarious claims in it was that Tyrannosaurus Rex didn't eat every human being on the face of the planet because he used his giant, pointy teeth to crack open and eat nuts. That's right, a creature that weighed several tons maintained its metabolism by eating nuts.
:facewall: :facewall: :facewall:
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue May 05, 2009 12:59 am

PKMKII wrote: That's right, a creature that weighed several tons maintained its metabolism by eating nuts.
:facewall: :facewall: :facewall:

Can I introduce you to my friend the elephant?

Brontosauruses were bigger and they basically lived off cabbage.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PKMKII on Tue May 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Plants are easy; bite the leaves, pull them off the plant, and sit there and chew with broad, flat teeth. T-rex, well... take the two biggest knives you have in your kitchen drawer, take a walnut, and see how long and how much energy you need to use to get said walnut open using only a pincher movement.

PKMKII

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue May 05, 2009 2:38 pm

Ahh. You were talking about the work involved.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri May 08, 2009 3:06 pm

Pointy teeth are obviously ill suited for crushing open a nut. Ripping and tearing flesh, "on-the-hoof" or otherwise, on the other hand....

And zinc, where do you live that there are no fundies?
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri May 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:And zinc, where do you live that there are no fundies?
Zinc is, I believe, another Brit. We have fundies, but we also have the State Hospital where we lock up people who overstep the mark of credulity by too much. Right now, the Brits are getting the thin edge of the fundie wedge (I was in the States a few years back - I've seen the thick edge of said wedge, and it's none too attractive). I hope we can keep it that way.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri May 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:I've seen the thick edge of said wedge, and it's none too attractive

As we speak (write) a pack of overweight xtians are entering the bar and grill. No it's not attractive at all.
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

New theory for the extinction of dinosaurs

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov on Sun May 10, 2009 3:48 am

PKMKII wrote:Image

Recently a Russian scientist has proposed another version for the extinction of dinosaurs:Image
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:
Andrey Kurtenkov
Chitarra Captain

Re: New theory for the extinction of dinosaurs

Postby daftbeaker on Sun May 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Andrey Kurtenkov wrote:Recently a Russian scientist has proposed another version for the extinction of dinosaurs:Image

That is a work of genius. I like the elephant directing the broadside :cool:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun May 10, 2009 3:18 pm

daftbeaker wrote:That is a work of genius. I like the elephant directing the broadside
Warlord of Elephants? Just a thought.

I didn't think he was that old.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby moodydaniel on Mon May 11, 2009 5:22 am

I don't matter to the Christian God and I'm yet (touch wood) to be shot by a teenager from the American South so I don't really buy it.

What the advert says to me me is that the Christians at Answers in Genesis are the types of people who need religion to stop them going out and killing people (especially those that are different) and I don't really give much credence to the opinions of that sort of person.
Our Flyer,
Who drink in heaven,
FSM be thy name,
Thy ketchup come,
Thy sauce be done,
On earth as it's served in heaven.
Give us this day our garlic bread,
And forgive over cooked Tagliatelle,
As we forgive those who serve it to us.
And lead us not into takeaways,
Who deliver pizzas so evil.
For thine is the pasta, al dente cooked spaghetti.
For breakfast and dinner,
RAmen
moodydaniel
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Tue May 12, 2009 12:16 pm

ummmm
i wanna noe
warr i kin fine anuddarr efferlassin lolly lik wot i as noww?

en casse i looze dis wun

fankk ye ye :welcome:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby PKMKII on Tue May 12, 2009 12:32 pm

You see that gruff old man in the unmarked white van with no rear windows? He's a got a lolly for you, and it's reeeeal big.

PKMKII

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM