2010 Census and FSM

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: 2010 Census and FSM

Postby Reverend RA on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:53 am

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:"His and her"? In addition to being a Pastafarian, I don't suppose you're also a follower of the Nine-Headed Cave Cow? :twisted:

I included her for two reasons firstly, despite years of research I am still unable to determine the sex of pasta (any help in resolving this matter would be gratefully received) and secondly (and of far greater importance) I do not wish to be confronted by angry cutlass weilding female Pastafarians. :paranoid:

I'm not familiar with the Nine-Headed Cave Cow (is there any connection with the Cult of the Dead Cow?), however if you can provide me with any information I'm sure I can include it into my religious schedule. Tuesday is probably the best day for me for any additional worship (the weekend being entirely taken up by the Abrahamic faiths). :confused:
Give a man a packet of spaghetti and he can give his family food for a day. But give that man a spaghetti plant and he can give his whole village something to talk about.
Reverend RA
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:18 pm

The Nine-Headed Cave Cow is almost exclusively worshiped on the message board at the end of my signature and various satellite fora. I'm not a follower. I don't believe it's as fleshed out of a religion as CoFSM or IPU, however. Cave cows inhabit the underground kingdom of Exile/Avernum, and are former surface cows sent down to and bred in the caves, presumably out of pity for the exiles.

The reason I asked is that the NHCC is referred to as Him and Her (as opposed to Him OR Her), and that was the only other place I've ever read that phrase describing one being.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Odd, because cows, by definition, are female. If they are male, they're bulls. :confused:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:48 am

The Nine-Headed Cave Cow is a deity and is thus not bound by mortal science.

Anyway, you'd have to ask *Spidweb username removed* for more details if you're interested. It's his religion, but honestly I don't believe he wants a deluge of emails and PMs about the NHCC, since it's really a Spiderweb Software thing, and he thinks I'm annoying enough already, so I probably shouldn't have even brought it up. :facepalm:

EDIT: I don't want to piss him off, so I removed his name. He's miserable enough as it is and doesn't need hordes of ornery Pastafarians harassing him.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Cardinal Fang on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:03 am

Question - is the Nine-Headed Cave Cow any relation to the Great Cow in the Sky who provides us with our daily milk?

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:18 am

If He and She is, it's probably mushroom-flavored milk. But really, it's not my religion. I only asked because I thought Reverend RA might have heard of Him and Her. I'd like to stop talking about it.
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby TwistedSister on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:52 am

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Odd, because cows, by definition, are female. If they are male, they're bulls. :confused:

Actually, cow can mean a male or female Bovine.
Most folks just assume that cow refers to the female of the species.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:01 pm

TwistedSister wrote:Most folks just assume that cow refers to the female of the species.

My official position on this statement is "No Comment".

:haha:
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby MantleSeeker on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:14 pm

daftbeaker wrote:Is there not a chance that between bad handwriting and lazy readers it will be interpreted as 'Rastafarian'?

This is why I am going with agnostic athiest
I eat therefore I am not hungry
MantleSeeker
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:28 pm

TwistedSister wrote:
Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Odd, because cows, by definition, are female. If they are male, they're bulls. :confused:

Actually, cow can mean a male or female Bovine.
Most folks just assume that cow refers to the female of the species.

This is only true if you're not speaking properly.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:16 pm

OOOHHH Zank is one post shy of 10k! Big day for you! 10k posts AND a girlfriend!

I kid.

:smile:
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Previous

Return to All Things FSM